OHP vs. My Stupidity

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I once had a Trooper tell me that as long as you're neither drunk nor an a-hole, you're likely to come out OK in an OHP stop. That has certainly been my experience in the few times I've had roadside conferences with the good men (I've never had a lady Trooper pull me over) of the Patrol. Of course, I normally don't drive like an idiot, so I rarely have need of their counsel on the road...

TPD is fortunate that I don't judge them by my experiences with them, as all one of them was negative...

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Quit speeding, started making sure all my equipment is working right, and doing everything I can by the book as much as possible so haven't been pulled over in 15 years.

With that said a few years ago I was on I-35 northbound halfway from OKC to the Kansas border right after Christmas headed to where I lived at the time after visiting my ex's family. Had someone blow past going at least 90. . . OHP was headed south in one of the big full size blazers at the time, saw break lights ahead of the guy who was speeding and then they disappeared as the goober merged into traffic. OHP in the meantime flipped around and blew past (faster than the other one easily) to get the speeder and my guess is he wasn't getting off with a warning that day as the road was packed with people heading home. But I fully agree being an ( @ ) won't get you very far with a lot of officers, so better to just be nice and hope things go well.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got an OHP buddy from back home who I've known since I was 17, he and I had great fun as teenagers.....luckily the OHP trooper who was checking his references to get into the academy never caught up with me. Not sure I could keep a straight face if asked too many questions. ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom