Pawn shop score"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
paranoid people, jeez. Man got a great deal Doesn't have to be hot. Even if it was and ever came up, buyer would just have to surrender it. Nothing else is gonna happen.

BluRaySS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No not paranoid, SMART! I run EVERY gun I buy from a non FFL dealer. The # of stolen firearms out there is staggering. Your chances of coming across one is pretty damn good when buying in the private market. This especially applies to guns that someone is trying to pawn off or sell at 1/2 of it's value.

If he were ever to use that weapon in defense and it came up stolen, his defense case now has more holes in it than the aggressor.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's not like this type of deals are uncommon to pawnshops. for all we know that pawnshop may already have 10 of those type pistols in stock. all purchased/pawned for pennies on the dollar.

folks desperate to raise cash will do not the smartest things.... like sell a pistol for $125 that they know is worth $450+. or they may not have a clue as to value... look at all the weapons purchased at guns shows for a fraction of actual values.

OSA classifies are not known by the general public, then add the 30 day wait... but craigslist is becoming more commonly known. even though it's against CL rules, lots of folks post guns for sale on craigslist, knowing it will get deleted. but enough responses get through for them to quickly sell their guns.

if those folks who pawn know that Craigslist postings get real time response. they would post their valuable goods on Craigslist instead.

instead of getting 5cent or 10cent on the dollar.... if someone posted a valuable item for say 30 cents on the dollar.... the number of eyeballs hitting CL at any given time is HUGE.

pawnshops will ONLY purchase/pawn valuable/easily resellable items at a fraction of their real value. that's why they are in business. nothing wrong with that.... but times are changing.

folks are figuring out ... valuable goods priced low, will sell within minutes or hours of posting on Craigslist. probably faster than waiting in line at the pawnshop for hours.

Just as important as speed of getting $$$ into their hands. they probably will get 2x -3x + more $$ by selling on Craigslist.... and it's free.

I've never pawned a single item ... but used to stop at pawnshops all the time looking for Snap-on tools. have all but stopped shopping at pawnshops due to Craigslist.

all the deals are on CL!!! but they go quick... just like on OSA classifies... really great deals are gone within minutes of posting.

I'm posting this with the hopes of folks seeing this posting and sell on craigslist when they are hard up for $$$ and need to raise $$$ in a hurry.

I am curious as to why the pawn shop wasn't interested in it?

Latest posts

Top Bottom