Pawn shop score"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So how do I as a citizen check to see if a weapon is listed as stolen. Last time I checked, some time ago, one couldn't do that unless he was a law enforcement person. Has that changed? I hope so. Let me know.

Back on the original topic, great deal! CB

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So how do I as a citizen check to see if a weapon is listed as stolen. Last time I checked, some time ago, one couldn't do that unless he was a law enforcement person. Has that changed? I hope so. Let me know.

I was wondering the same thing. Thought only LEO or pawnshops could check.....

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not sure how easy it is, but a leo can run a check, but gun must be in their possession. I have had one done, but i knew the detective as a friend, and he took the gun, and gave it back a couple of days later.

This was after you had already purchased and taken possesion of the weapon...yes?

What would have happened if the gun WAS hot? I'm guessing you wouldn't have gotten it back.

Considering that these "amazing deals" are selling in just a few minutes of them being offered on CL or even OSA classifieds how can the average civie check the status of a given weapon BEFORE making an offer on it?

adluginb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't run a gun as a citizen. Have to have a LEO run it and it has to be in their possession. Then if it is stolen they have to keep it. Nothing else would happen. I'm sure they would ask you where you got it, but all you have to say is private sale or gunshow. No you don't have to have proof. There is no law in Oklahoma that prevents you from doing that so it doesn't make you not "smart" to not run a gun before buying it. Private sales are private, keep em that way.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Only reason I did the one I had purchased, as it was a Desert Eagle in .50 that I could not stand, but I bought it for about 1/2 retail and was going to put it for sale on Gb. It was clean and I sold it for retail.

Question: if a person is buying a firearm with the intention of reselling it for a profit, at what point do they cross the "line" of private collector into dealer?

I know that the only person to go to jail after the Columbine tradegy was the person who sold the older boy (who was 18 years old and "legally" able to buy the long gun himself) the shotgun. The ~<$15 he made on the deal sent him to prison. I don't remember if it was under Federal or Colorado State law that he was tried and convicted under...

Latest posts

Top Bottom