Pawn shop score"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think the chances of someone trying to pawn a stolen gun would be very slim. My point would be that I bet the thieves already know that they are in it deep if they get caught trying to pawn a stolen gun and don't want that kind of attention even if they can claim they received it in some legitimate fashion.

Any pawn owners / workers want to comment on what percentage of guns they have come in that show stolen when they call it in?

I do think it's prudent to be very careful about whom you purchase from and if you smell a thief, it's best to walk away and not get caught up in it.

Seedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would bet there is a bit more to the story than the simple fact he sold a legally eligible person a shotgun.

Ssgrock3 please know I'm not pointing any fingers at you. I'm honestly curious about the law.

As far as the Columbine issue goes... I'm going off of what I remember reading in Dave Cullen's book. The weapon in question was purchased at a gun show FOR Harris (STRAW purchase) after he was 18. The issue (IIRC) was that the person who sold him the shotgun bought it with the intent to sell it and make a profit on it, and served time based on a written receipt of the sale to Harris showing he made about a $15 profit.

Wiki is not backing me up on what I'm saying above, so if someone has a copy of "Columbine" please feel free to correct the above or fill in any missing info.

Latest posts

Top Bottom