Rainy Day Opening Day Blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Not for me. We just put up a new 4x8 shoothing house this summer. I plan on bringing a good book and lunch, then turn on the heater and relax! :)

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think what you are reporting are averages, and those can be very deceiving. Edit: Especially deceiving if it is not known how many observations were used to calculate the average.
I bet it will be more like 1.0 inch in 12mins, and then drizzle for 3 hours. Then another inch....followed by drizzle.

Either way Temperatures will be NICE, mid 50's at sunrise!! Get out there, get wet, be still, shoot a deer, dry off while eating backstraps.

You know weather forecasting. That sure could happen! Or, it could snow 10 inches... This is Oklahoma after all. I went and bought me a 3 person blind if it does pour rain. That and a good book! Rather be hunting in the rain than sitting at work! Good luck to you too.

Sticky Stokes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Extremely depressed about the weather forecast this weekend in SE OK. With my work/family schedule I don't get to spend nearly as much time in the woods as I would like. Between Bow and Muzzleloader, I have only hunted 4 times. I have been looking forward to this weekend but it looks like it could be bad. Any tips or thoughts about hunting in a driving rain?

I hear ya.... But you can't kill one if your not there... I'm going, not happy about the possible downpour but we will see what happens, I'll sit through a light rain any day, deer live in it every day, they are wild animals, when they get the urge to move, well, they move. If it's a heavy rain, I'll sit in a ground blind or the truck and wait till it lets up some, either way I'll be there and ready to go. I say just pack up and go and see what happens. Good luck and welcome to the forum!

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have seen switch gear short out side of the power plant and a ball of electricy bounce and huver across the lake . It was cool and scarry as hell at the same time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom