Rainy Day Opening Day Blues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldflinger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll be out there!! Luckily West
i57.tinypic.com_15713et.jpg

justin_h635

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If the weather is even remotely close to today up here, the numbers will be a wee bit down as visibility at 11:00 am I would estimate at around 50-60 yards due to fog/drizzle (and of course I witnessed a car earlier passing a truck, on a hill, on an 2 lane road).

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am right on the line between Lt blue and purple. Will gladly take 1.5 - 2" of rain. Good luck guys, I will be at work.

Blind, heater, recliner, sammich? Laying in bed at the Holiday Inn Express, looking out the window and shooting deer behind the parking lot. Hey, it works.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Aint no way I would be slipping through the woods still hunting on opening day of rifle on PUBLIC land. Make sure you keep that orange on!!!!!

I hope you didn't think I was implying I didn't wear orange. I was talking about the sound of crunching leaves verses soft wet leaves. Nothing was ever said about not wearing orange.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Aint no way I would be slipping through the woods still hunting on opening day of rifle on PUBLIC land. Make sure you keep that orange on!!!!!

and the fact that someone out there would do this is reason enough to not hunt public land period.

I always wear orange, and have only still hunted when on land that I knew was void of other hunters.

Bulls eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you didn't think I was implying I didn't wear orange. I was talking about the sound of crunching leaves verses soft wet leaves. Nothing was ever said about not wearing orange.

I wasnt implying you wouldn't wear orange. I'm just saying that on the public I've gun hunted on in the past I wouldnt ease through the woods still hunting during rifle season covered from head to foot in orange screaming through a megaphone. Some idiot would still shoot you. Good luck, hope you kill a giant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom