To those who are getting mature buck pics.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How could you not get hooked on archery? The thrill of having deer so close and still having to draw on them and successfully fire an arrow through them....man, I'm ready for the season! Let's hope you can get him on one.

264Magnum

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That one in the back is a young stud....
A few more years and he'll be a legit monster!
If I can keep 264 off him lol
That is not likely.

Yessir! We have two other that look very similar to him. Must be something in the water out here!

We always thought it was silly how folks that do hunting shows "name" their bucks - until we started getting lots of potential shooters. Now, they all have names.

Forkie, slingshot, fatman, pitchfork, snagglepuss, perfect1, crescent-scar, king crown, Double-E - all odd names, but makes perfect sense for id reasons. that way the wife and I can talk about a deer and know which one we are referring to.
Me too. I named that tall, heavy buck that AllOut posted "Shawn". And there's another bruiser buck that we call Steve.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about this thread, and for me, this has been an odd year. I put my cameras out the end of August, and I've been getting and am still getting mature buck pictures on a daily basis. Normally, the bigger, older bucks don't show up until the end of September or first of October. I've been looking back through last years pictures, and I have identified several bucks.

Another oddity is that my big buck that I've hunted for two years has only shown up at one of my three camera locations. I normally get bucks on at least two cameras, but so far, this buck seems to be hanging out around one camera (the same location as last year).

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot about this thread, and for me, this has been an odd year. I put my cameras out the end of August, and I've been getting and am still getting mature buck pictures on a daily basis. Normally, the bigger, older bucks don't show up until the end of September or first of October. I've been looking back through last years pictures, and I have identified several bucks.

Another oddity is that my big buck that I've hunted for two years has only shown up at one of my three camera locations. I normally get bucks on at least two cameras, but so far, this buck seems to be hanging out around one camera (the same location as last year).

That sure will work out great for you...........nothing like a "predictable" mature buck! :) (Wishful thinking at least)

Latest posts

Top Bottom