Toyota Tacoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish I still had pics of my taco in red gumbo mud. Original color was white. Finish color after mud is red....solid red top to bottom.
That's were the farm is, and travel down those roads is not for the asphalt cowboy vehicles.
The new taco's have that crawling feature that is totally amazing if you get out into some serious muck.
The Frontier nor any other small pickup can even come close to this capability.

I'd love to see a Nissan on the same hill. Backing out slowly down hill, with locker on, is likely to produce similar results. I was *extremely* impressed with the off-road capability of both my Frontier and Xterra.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seen that video before, and its cool. There's also legitimate critiques to that video.
1. It isn't level, gravity is on his side.
2. One more thing to break.
3. Let's see it next to a competent driver in a Fronty/ other 4x4 with locker and see if aa similar vehicle couldn't have gotten out as well.

Not bashing the Taco, just not buying into the high tech hype.
Agreed.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seen that video before, and its cool. There's also legitimate critiques to that video.
1. It isn't level, gravity is on his side.
2. One more thing to break.
3. Let's see it next to a competent driver in a Fronty/ other 4x4 with locker and see if aa similar vehicle couldn't have gotten out as well.

Not bashing the Taco, just not buying into the high tech hype.

Agreed. There are off-road accessory's on the market that transform a factory vehicle into a real off roader, as well as some of the new factory assists that were not available when I had my taco. I seriously believe I would have been stuck yesterday driving across a wheat field in my taco with major mud tread tires vs the new Tundra with the optional electronic Rear Wheel electronic traction control. Ruts 12" deep up a 5 degree incline for about 100 yds. I'm impressed with the Tundra, but the crawler tech would beat that if getting stuck.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we have a challenge now.
I have the field. Who brings the trucks?
I have another field that is holding water. Black mud.
I have a tractor to get out whatever.
Who's up?

Latest posts

Top Bottom