Tulsa PD shoots unarmed black man

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is nothing special about being a cop anymore unless you're into being humiliated and left hanging holding an empty bag. Where I used to look up to cops and thank them for their service, I now think, why in Gods name would you be a cop for a government that doesn't give two shits about you? Protect your own, that's 21st century policing.

only two cops in oklahoma have been prosecuted in 162 fatal shootings since 2007, that is a pretty well protected group. i'd also argue that a reluctance to call out bad shoots hurts the department's credibility for the good ones.

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
she is being charged because of her actions, not his. If he was stone cold sober or high as a kite, he still did not have a weapon.

how many times have people used the cliche 'better judged by 12 than carried by 6'. Sounds like she will get her day in court and a chance to argue her side.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't but could impact conviction/defense
I agree, I said the correct charge. Everything will be out there by the time the trial starts. If he was sober, 4 years. If the was on something like PCP, then maybe probation.
regardless, the police arrest uncooperative drunks everyday, they do not kill them.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I blame CLEET standards. It's the state's fault officers haven't been trained to never comment about anything, ever. :rolleyes2

Meh. I just think they are ran by pussaie who think mean words hurt people. :violin:

That may apply to her attorney too, I'm pretty sure her public statement went through them. I would certainly HOPE it did anyway.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
she is being charged because of her actions, not his. If he was stone cold sober or high as a kite, he still did not have a weapon.

I used reportS plural for a reason. After an OIS, she had blood drawn too. If her tox report comes back abnormal, it could factor into a higher charge. Also, if her stated initial assessment comes back correct and he was under the influence of PCP, she can enter into evidence cases such as the Cook County Illinois shootout, where a PCP soaked perp soaked up 33 rounds of 9mm before he was finally put down with two 12ga slugs. Her prior knowledge and training can be placed into evidence, particularly if the tox reports back her up. Evidence such as that can turn a slam dunk conviction into an unwinnable case. A careful prosecutor will weigh ALL the evidence before making a determination on charges, but that isn't Kunzweiler's style. JMO, YMMV

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could it be that they were legit? Or is it just not possible?

it certainly could be. But it's also likely that they weren't 'all legit'. Right?

I really don't know. I was just pointing out that prosecuting cops is not common in Oklahoma. And i believe there are many articled floating around the boiler room showing how it's even more rare to get indictments/ convictions against cops.

It can't be an easy job. But one that relies so much on public trust must work to maintain it. Sometimes that means pointing out the bad things you do.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
only two cops have been prosecuted in 162 fatal shootings since 2007, that is a pretty well protected group. i'd also argue that a reluctance to call out bad shoots hurts the department's credibility for the good ones.

Are we talking about Tulsa only? Because if we're talking about the whole country, you need to go back and correct your "statistic".

Also, correlation doesn't equal causation. You could just as easily say they're a pretty well trained group and don't often feloniously shoot people. :(

[edit] I see you were talking about Oklahoma as a whole, not Tulsa or the country. Truth be told, the correct answer probably lies somewhere between training, protection and benefit of the doubt.

I don't necessarily think Kunzweiler has made the wrong call here. It's the call I suspected he would make once I really dove into the videos and reports. I'm just surprised he made it before all the facts were available. Nothing more, nothing less.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are we talking about Tulsa only? Because if we're talking about the whole country, you need to go back and correct your "statistic".

Also, correlation doesn't equal causation. You could just as easily say they're a pretty well trained group and don't often feloniously shoot people. :(

in oklahoma

Latest posts

Top Bottom