What time do you arrive to get seated for a movie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How early do you arrive for a movie?

• 30+ minutes

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • 20-30 minutes

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • 10-20 minutes

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • 0-10 minutes

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • After the previews have started

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If I go to the movies, which is rare, I go to the 10am showing at Tinseltown. I usually have the theater to myself. I guess most of the folks that use that theater like to sleep in....

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My problem is the people who show up late then ask you to scoot down so they can sit where you are. Why do you think I got here EARLY? So I can have the aisle seat. If someone is already sitting on the aisle seat that I like, I go to the next one, I don't ask them to move.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since the local theater has became posted I don't go anymore. But the truth is you can show up 20 minutes after the start time and still end up waiting for it to start. They've become one huge commercial.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm dating a living version of Popeye's Olive Oil - I was totally referring to the spillovers of strangers. As long as it's a one-sided spillover I'll just donate half stick girl's seat because she doesn't use it.

You should be able to share an armrest with a stranger. One elbow forward, one in back, 348. The seats at the Brady here in Tulsa are so small (small for me even and I'm not big) that at some point I'm just going to end up putting my arm around the big strange guy next to me and leaning my head on his shoulder for the sake of comfort. I mean who are we kidding - we're touching each other all night anyways, big strange sir. Let's just just cuddle up and stop the charade. At this point in my life I would have no shame in this.

The 348 doesn't do spillover. I'm a large frame kinda guy (not to be read as overweight), and spillover jams me into the other armrest. However, if I were smaller I could see the benefits of Big McLargehuge offering up the fat mattress. I might even be tempted to make fat angels with the spillage. And this is okay because their size places their head farther forward in the seat and therefore you would not even be visible peripherally.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually show up and get seated right before the loud, obnoxious, overpoweringly perfumed/cologned people show up and sit right in front of me when the entire rest of the freaking theater is EMPTY!!! Who then proceed to start and continue texting each other when they are sitting right next to each other!!!

Hey, moron couple, YOU are the reason I'm not supposed to have a gun in here.

Good thing for me, no one said anything about me eating raisins and drinking apple cider a few hours before the show. Enjoy the purple haze!!!!

Dave

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually in the 20-30 min range. Our new theatre in BA doesnt really pack out like crazy like some others do in the Tulsa area. I used to go on Fridays to the earliest showing for a new flick that just came out when the kids would be in school. Now one is gone and the other is a sophomore in HS and he likes what I like usually so now I wait til he gets out of school and take him with me and we can still get there for the before 6 showings unless we see one with the wife and then we have to go in to Tulsa and wait til she gets off work, get her some food, then see the next showing. Lately a few have come out on ONDemand PPV same day they hit the theatre for $2.00 more on the 24 hour rental- convenient, but you miss out on the theatre experience.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw Black Hawk Down in a theater with other people in Lawton way back when. About fourteen people in the theater total.
God were they noisy. I haven't been to a theater since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom