What time do you arrive to get seated for a movie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How early do you arrive for a movie?

• 30+ minutes

Votes: 4 6.5%
  • 20-30 minutes

Votes: 20 32.3%
  • 10-20 minutes

Votes: 23 37.1%
  • 0-10 minutes

Votes: 11 17.7%
  • After the previews have started

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rarely go, can't take the back of my seat being constantly kicked as if Pele were sitting behind me, and they seem completely oblivious to fact that anyone else may feel it.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in that 10-15 minute early crowd. I need just enough time to grab a rootbeer & a bag of popcorn. But I also have theater rules I follow, like I watch NOTHING in its opening week, I do not stand in line for ticket purchases or to get into a theater(if it's that tough of a seat to get I will bail & try another time),I avoid Friday & weekend shows and I watch almost exclusively matinees, because I'm uncomfortable with crowds and I don't want noisy people to spoil my experience. The balcony seats at Warren are brilliant, no more movies than I go see in theaters the higher price tag is often worth it to me so I only sit with the person I brought & not a stranger beside me. It's easy for me to be so choosy though because I bet I average less than 3 trips to the theater each year.

Last edited:

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We usually go 20-30 minutes early. there hasn't been a lot of good movies until now. We saw Lincoln last Friday, next will be Skyfall. Lincoln was crowded as heck. We always go to the Warren.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm showing this thread to my wife - she thinks I'm mentally ill because I will no longer take her to a movie due to my intense hatred of people kicking the back of my seat; talking all through the movie; texting on brightly lit screens all during the movie; those who slather themselves in foul-smelling cologne and perfume as opposed to just bathing once a day (or week); listening to the crying kids; and paying near to $30 for the both of us for admission, snacks, and drinks. Now I can prove there are other mentally ill people besides myself!

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5-10 minutes before hand, my time is too precious to give more than that. I dont give a crap about the whole pomp and circumstance and the aura of the movie experience to want to pay that much money to attend one. I wrather put that money towards dinner anyway.

Im not going to lie though I have been know on occasion to be the person who brings in the can of soda and a cheap mcdouble (or something similar) into the theatre. The looks of envy I recieve from those who bought that expensive popcorn...

Mrs JB Books

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love going to the movies, we usually get there 20 min before. I can't remember the last time a stranger tried to sit beside me though. I think JB scares them off before they get the opportunity.

Latest posts

Top Bottom