Who all is waiting for their CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GellyNose

New to the site!
Reaction score
They said "Not a chance. Wait 120 days." Hrmmmm

Humorously, the SO called me about half an hour ago and said she was wrong. My license came in today and she hadn't had a chance to file or see it. She said she has never seen one take 40-someodd days. I recommend you call the SO after 40 days and once a week afterwards, it should be rather soon. She did say, however, that my military service might have made the backgrounds clear faster.

Good luck everyone.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They warned me when I put in for mine, a month ago, that they are allowed up to 4 months before I hear from them, although the actual time is normally much faster after reading the threads. I put in for mine, even though I think childish issues when I was 18 will probably prevent me from getting mine; in which case, I will move to plan B, out of state license.

Skiluvr03

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which is always interesting. . .since the law reads as follows:
I should have quoted this in my last thread, but I just got off of night shift and am real tired. The OSBI has 60 days after they receive the paperwork, and the Sherrif has 60 days to do their part, so the total time would be 4 months, which is rare nowadays.

35 Whelen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I took today off to take care of a few things and received a call from the Cleveland County Sheriff's office about 8:30 a.m. informing me that my CCL was ready to be picked up......it took only 48 days from the time I turned everything in.

35 Whelen

jhawknokc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was under the impression that the whole process until you have your ccl in hand or a denial letter could take no longer than 90 days. I am just going off hear say, but I just always thought it was 90 days.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
its 90 days from when OSBI gets it, the sheriffs office can hold it for up to 2 weeks before they have to send it off.

Still waiting on mine, been 40 days since I dropped it off.

Rabbitcreekok

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Actually it is 90 days from when the OSBI receives acceptable fingerprints and paperwork. If your prints are bad or paperwork not in order and they have to send it back, the clock is not running.

I know this because I had to be printed 3 times for my Carry License and three times for my Instructors License. Old folks don't have good prints.

By the way, just because they have your prints of file from your Carry Permit when you apply for your Instructors License does not mean a thing. You have to do it all over again.

Also you get to pay all over again. And if you happened to have paid for 10 years, too bad, that goes away and you get to pay again for the Instructors License.

"That is how the rules read, sir, and we have to go by them"

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Backing up what Rabbitcreekok just said, I did mine a couple days before Thanksgiving and I still don't have my permit yet. I had to print 3 times too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom