Abbazabba73 Leather Goods...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been meaning to make a post for some time about a fellow OSA'er that I've come to know over the last few months. We began by exchanging some work here and there, and it has turned in to a pretty good friendship.

Short story long, ask anybody who shoots competition with me, and they'll tell you, I don't shoot out of plastic holsters... only leather. So when I first met Arvid, I told him this, and asked him if he thought he can work something out, which he obliged. I also sent him home with some Diamondback skin and told him to see how he can incorporate it.

All of these are suede lined, and all but the last one have several hundred draws from them.

This is the first holster I had him make me:
1911 Paddle holster, an experimental design drawn up by me, and executed nicely by Arvid. Turns out I am not a big fan of a paddle holster, but you have to start somewhere. The strap across the top is basically a tension strap that, when I approach the box to shoot Steel Challenge, I unsnap and remove it which makes it a bit easier to get out of the holster. Seems are stitched.
alh5.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TQ1C8ecu4II_AAAAAAAAEkg_WtrWGQgjoBk_s720__EPC0193.JPG

alh6.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TQ1C9NrcO4I_AAAAAAAAEkk_8AgM3FcbqtU_s720__EPC0194.JPG

alh5.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TQ1C_DnXaEI_AAAAAAAAEk8_c3RrJcRXiRU_s720__EPC0195.JPG

Next, I asked Arvid to make me a couple basic carry holsters, one for me, and one for my Wife. I have decided that I like the darker Mahogany color of my Wife's holster, but love both holsters equally. Seems are grommeted.
alh5.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TQ1C7kGV6_I_AAAAAAAAEkc_PqYNBrtM6Dg_s720__EPC0192.JPG

alh3.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TQ1C6KwhvYI_AAAAAAAAEkY_IfQ9FihByq8_s720__EPC0191.JPG

alh5.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TQ1C5THKKzI_AAAAAAAAEkU_Ux843wg59zU_s720__EPC0190.JPG

Finally, my latest, and probably my favorite, is the competition rig I had him make for my Smith and Wesson Model 19-6. I thought about this design for a long time, and I think it came out perfect. Again, the strap can be removed at the line, turning the holster into more of a light retention cradle, that is REALLY fast. The allen head can be tightened or loosened to increase or decrease the retention. The stitching is GREAT and very... symmetric? Can't wait to use it my first time...
alh4.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TQ1C1EzW0TI_AAAAAAAAEkE_wkTObvXDtWU_s720__EPC0186.JPG

alh5.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TQ1C28J0xxI_AAAAAAAAEkI_g92X1E41mvs_s720__EPC0187.JPG

alh6.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TQ1C3vF23PI_AAAAAAAAEkM_msR7Qn3rStQ_s720__EPC0188.JPG

alh4.ggpht.com__GbFOinfOxi4_TQ1C4Br_OFI_AAAAAAAAEkQ_dFWb3p4_l38_s720__EPC0189.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom