Light on Your Carry Gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you carry a light ON your primary carry gun

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • No, but carry a light seperate

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Would if I could

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Lights are over rated.

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
How many have a light on your carry gun?

What are your opinions on carrying with a light, or on types of lights?

I am planning to get a TLR-1 for my M&P along with the contour pressure switch, and wanted to see how many other carry with a light. Post pics of your stuff if possible, along with the holster that accommodates said light.

Poll inc

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Viridian light/laser on my bedside gun but not on my carry guns.

I keep a flashlight in the truck but dont carry one. If I tried to carry everything I wanted to have, it would be a pretty big load!

austin.brown

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I carry a flashlight every day. One is an Ultrafire, I got here in Stillwater for about 50 bucks, at Custom Car Stereo, I think that is the name of it. Those guys have been awesome! Every time I had a question or the light was not working right they helped me out. I also traded GC for a Stremlight Microstream and I really like it.

Im looking at a foursevens penlight next. About $50 and no rough/pointy corners.

http://www.foursevens.com/product_info.php?products_id=3184

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
G-19 with X300 & DG switch in a Secret City Weaponeers Y-12 TL IWB. Surprisingly, it's the 2nd most comfortable IWB I've ever worn and it's quite concealable. I also have an OWB Raven and an OWB Kaluban Cloak for G-17/X300 and 5" 1911/TLR1 respectively. My duty rig is a Level III Safariland for my G-21/X300 as well. I also carry a Surefire C2 Centurion that's been upgraded with a Cree XML lamp and 18650 rechargeable battery.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
G-19 with X300 & DG switch in a Secret City Weaponeers Y-12 TL IWB. Surprisingly, it's the 2nd most comfortable IWB I've ever worn and it's quite concealable. I also have an OWB Raven and an OWB Kaluban Cloak for G-17/X300 and 5" 1911/TLR1 respectively. My duty rig is a Level III Safariland for my G-21/X300 as well. I also carry a Surefire C2 Centurion that's been upgraded with a Cree XML lamp and 18650 rechargeable battery.

Jerry, what's you opinion of the contour switches?

Latest posts

Top Bottom