Light on Your Carry Gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you carry a light ON your primary carry gun

• Yes

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • No

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • No, but carry a light seperate

Votes: 33 41.8%
  • Would if I could

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Lights are over rated.

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jerry, what's you opinion of the contour switches?

It's the only way to fly. :)

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_DSC_1324.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_DSC_1156.jpg

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Duty gun has an M3 on it. Can't imagine not having a weapon mounted light at work. Off duty, no light on the pistol, Fenix on my person though.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I see the advantages of a light on a carry, but am afraid it would give away my position and be targeted. I disabled the cab light in my pickup truck because I don't like being lit up at night. I carry a seperate flash light that I can hold well away from me. Tough call. A seperate light can illuminate a suspected target that may well be a family member, and you can identify the person as such without actually pointing a weapon at them...

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see the advantages of a light on a carry, but am afraid it would give away my position and be targeted. I disabled the cab light in my pickup truck because I don't like being lit up at night. I carry a seperate flash light that I can hold well away from me. Tough call. A seperate light can illuminate a suspected target that may well be a family member, and you can identify the person as such without actually pointing a weapon at them...

With proper training and utilization, all your concerns regarding a WML can be mitigated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom