Purse carry gun for the wife

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What I've found especially with women since this is the subject is that they have problems racking the slide on a semi auto so they select a revo, which is OK but they have sometimes not got proper instruction on how to rack the slide.
They want to rack the slide with the forefinger and thumb and pull back. Thats tough for anybody. Proper way is to reverse the direction of the fingers and push the slide backwards to take it into full stop and let it go to let the springs take it back to battery.

KroyWen

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wife and daughters car/ purse carry/ nightstands the G19 (9mm) , liking larger capacity mags. On body carry the G43 (9mm) , smaller and slimmer ( as are themselves) , easier to conceal. Controls are the same and slick smooth surfaces on each. Glad to hear the woman are carrying!

Cliff

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife is a small woman without a lot of hand strength. She bought a Ruger LCR IN 38 spl. She carries it loaded with DEWC with about 3 grains ot #2. This is a load she can practice with and carry.
Cliff

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife loves her Glock 23 but I suspect that wont help you much lol. Take her to the gun show and tell her to find what she likes. If she will actually carry it comfortably and you let it be her choice; youre already ahead of the pack ;)

Mike101650

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife carries a S&W 637 and complains it is to heavy, plus I can not get her to shoot the thing. I know she is going to decide it kicks to much even with the light loads I made for her but until I can get her to the range I can not convince her to trade it. She does not want a semi because of having to pull the slide so I am thinking a Tomcat or a 22 revolver.

Latest posts

Top Bottom