Fitness accountability thread?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't do much, as I'm in the midst of a bathroom remodel, so I had to stay home...lifted some weights, may try to sneak out and run some this afternoon.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saturday I did 12 rounds of 3 min/1 min rest various bag work and thai boxing drills. Took sunday off and yesterday had a great day in the gym. jerked 2 singles of 230lb over my head with perfect form. Not exactly big weight but a huge improvement from where I was 6 weeks ago. Started practicing on doing third world squats at the recommendation of a few to help me reach depth on squat without my heels coming up. Turns out the culprit is my hip joints being overly tight.

As of now, I couldn't hold this position without falling backwards for even a second. So I will be working on it throughout the day, every day.

ruyacrossfit.com_wp_content_uploads_2013_02_3rd_world_squat.jpg

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have zero problem getting that deep in the hole but getting out of it under weight is another story LOL. Kills my speed.

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I felt kind of strange during my 4 mile run this morning (3.5+ supposed to be at tempo pace).

My warm-up was slow, and my heart rate was faster than it should have been for that pace.

Once I picked up the pace my hr actually dropped quite a bit before raising some then levelling off. I fell into a groove and ended up running faster than I wanted, and felt like I couldn't slow down.

Hopefully tomorrow is smoother.

jim7711

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
lunch:
a. Hang Power Clean + Front Squat + Split Jerk @ 65% x 4
b. Pause (below knee) Squat Clean x4 @ 65%
Conditioning: For Time
20 Sumo Deadlift High Pull (SDHP) @ (75/55#)
60 Pushups
20 SDHP
40 Pushups
20 SDHP
20 Pushups

after work: 3 mile run including 16 x 100 intervals

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7 miles this morning.

Felt much better than yesterday, and my heart rate was much lower than it normally would have been for today's pace (still keeping to <80% max HR). New 10k PR!

Latest posts

Top Bottom