Should OU suspend basketball players for useing "N" word on national TV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yes...everything except your 2D:4D digit ratio...my super computer is having issues with that one.

Yes...but everyone else is also.

The ADD or the STD?

Yes...and under them.

Tell me more about why it is so taught.

Where do I send the bill?

I didn't always have this attitude. It could have evolved but I think it's more of Monkey see monkey do learned thing.

Please bill JB Books, since he inspired the monkey dance. ;)

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
David Boren is a spineless coward for not opening the discussion.

This bears repeating, and he is a spineless coward when it comes to the 2nd Amendment, as well.

This pandering by the expelled student to the Black Caucas in the Ok legislature and OU black organization is BS. There is no white caucus or white organization on campus. Why the disparity?

We don't need a white caucus. RH, Cards are right when they say we have the majority, and we hold most of the good positions.

Now we can argue all day about why that is, but it is a fact.

Now, moving forward, do we want to hold on to the position of majority and power, or do we hand over the keys to other groups with less opportunity?

We (white folks) have such a dismal record of advancing charity, minority rights, women's rights, scientific, medical and political advancement, maybe it's time to look to another group, one with a better track record, to run our country.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What a cop out......the entire body acts as a caucus? LOL, Come on. You can do better.

Name one caucus on the university that is totally white, and has as their creed to advance the rights of the white race?

and what would that look like exactly? What 'rights' do the majority need advancing in your mind?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HAHA! you keep digging your own hole.

So your saying that negative racism is OK? BTW, I speak at the level of the person I'm speaking to. If you want to bring that level up, I'm more than happy to do so. I prefer to keep it at street level, but its your call.

The college administration has the ultimate call about how any racial issues are handled on their campus. Do you agree, or do you think splinter groups should dictate how campus life is conducted?

What do you mean by "negative racism?" Not reverse racism, but negative racism? How do you define that term? I may agree it's okay, but I'm not sure what you mean by those two words uniquely paired in that context. Do you mean that minority groups can form bands to ensure their rights are protected? Like the Black Caucus or ACLU or LGBT groups (which I concede isn't a "race" but is a minority special interest group)? Then yea, I would support "negative racism" to ensure they have rights and representation equal to that of the majority, sure.

Regarding splinter groups, they're not trying to "dictate how campus life is conducted" anymore than ensuring they are provided rights equal to those of the majority in-group. If you want to assert that the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Integration of high schools and universities, abolition of slavery, etc. is considered "dictate how ... life is conducted" then I'd say they should be able to have a voice. Hell, the NRA, GOA, Oklahoma Open Carry Association, even OSA could all be considered minority "splinter" groups in this same context. Should we abolish them so gun rights can be handled by the benevolent will of the majority? It's an absurd example but not entirely out of context.

We don't need a white caucus. RH, Cards are right when they say we have the majority, and we hold most of the good positions.

Now we can argue all day about why that is, but it is a fact.

Thank you, that's plainly the point. After hundreds of years of history, here we are right wrong or indifferent.

In a perfect world these groups wouldn't need to exist, sure - but in the real world they serve a purpose. For a macro-level example, look at Jim Crow or Poll Taxes or Literacy tests. For mico-level examples, just see a prisoners' dilemma.

I can't believe they included a woman, and a ginger no less!

There goes the neighborhood!

I know, for shame :D

James Abram

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I myself am white, but I have many friends that are black, including one of my best friends. I have discussed this issue with them extensively, and IT IS ALL about context. The words **gger and **gga, are two completely different words with completely different meanings. THE "er" word is a very derogatory and offensive. However, the "a" word is a team of endearment among black friends used in place of "dude" or "brother". Heck, sometimes I'm even greeted as "wat up nigga". The context of the frat boys WAS clearly racist (whether that was their intent or not doesn't matter), and the context of the players was one of friendship. Just .02 from someone who RARELY posts or comments on forums.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I myself am white, but I have many friends that are black, including one of my best friends. I have discussed this issue with them extensively, and IT IS ALL about context. The words **gger and **gga, are two completely different words with completely different meanings. THE "er" word is a very derogatory and offensive. However, the "a" word is a team of endearment among black friends used in place of "dude" or "brother". Heck, sometimes I'm even greeted as "wat up nigga". The context of the frat boys WAS clearly racist (whether that was their intent or not doesn't matter), and the context of the players was one of friendship. Just .02 from someone who RARELY posts or comments on forums.

I don't agree, but you have your opinion and I have mine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom