Should OU suspend basketball players for useing "N" word on national TV?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In this case he was God for those frat boys.
I don't agree with his refusal to discuss the N word thrown out by the athletes no matter how our illustrious Ridge wishes to differentiate it. He shut the discussion down. Period.

There was no further discussion. He was wrong.

This should have been the occasion for David Boren to open a discussion about why a black guy on national TV can say ****** when a frat saying that same word gets kicked out of school.

Screw the context BS. David Boren is a spineless coward for not opening the discussion. Ridge has his opinion, and its well said. Glocktogo has his valid opinions, also well said.

None of their opinions matter if David Boren won't re-instate the students that were expelled, and put them on a panel with black athletes to have an open discussion.

This pandering by the expelled student to the Black Caucas in the Ok legislature and OU black organization is BS. There is no white caucus or white organization on campus. Why the disparity?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well for one the aggregate student body acts as a white caucus. There's plenty of nearly exclusive white organizations on campus. One just got disbanded for a racist chant.

To be fair I think boren could do more to expose and dialogue on the matter. I also agree the basketball teams actions were in poor taste and some degree of discipline could be dispensed there. While perhaps not suspension since the context was not threatening or celebrating violence to other students, some suspension of benefits or something.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well for one the aggregate student body acts as a white caucus. There's plenty of nearly exclusive white organizations on campus. One just got disbanded for a racist chant.

To be fair I think boren could do more to expose and dialogue on the matter. I also agree the basketball teams actions were in poor taste and some degree of discipline could be dispensed there. While perhaps not suspension since the context was not threatening or celebrating violence to other students, some suspension of benefits or something.

What a cop out......the entire body acts as a caucus? LOL, Come on. You can do better.

Name one caucus on the university that is totally white, and has as their creed to advance the rights of the white race?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a cop out......the entire body acts as a caucus? LOL, Come on. You can do better.

Name one caucus on the university that is totally white, and has as their creed to advance the rights of the white race?

Would that white caucus even be allowed to exist on campus?

Would those Black Athletes be required to apologize to some white caucus in the legislature as well as one on campus? Would they?

Latest posts

Top Bottom