Real reason Wal-Mart closed stores

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From a friend that is inside.. Theft out of the Tulsa store was reaching two million a year, am sure the other stores they closed were for the same reason.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From a friend that is inside.. Theft out of the Tulsa store was reaching two million a year, am sure the other stores they closed were for the same reason.

Seems like you could hire enough loss prevention officers for a couple hundred K a year and not lose nearly that much overall and reduce crime while they are at it. I don't buy that excuse. It's not a sound business decision.

Woody

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know I have seen theft the last 3 times I was at wally world in Ponca, I guess the loss prevention guys are not as sharp eyed as I am?

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Seems like you could hire enough loss prevention officers for a couple hundred K a year and not lose nearly that much overall and reduce crime while they are at it. I don't buy that excuse. It's not a sound business decision.

Woody

Got a friend and that is his job. they are not to stop the people. they just go up to them as they are leaving and ask if they are going to pay for the stuff they are taking. if they push their way past, the employees just try to get a tag number and call the police.

A lot of employee theft also, all he watches is the cameras on the loading dock and you wouldn't believe how much tries to go out the back. That's why they fired everybody.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got a friend and that is his job. they are not to stop the people. they just go up to them as they are leaving and ask if they are going to pay for the stuff they are taking. if they push their way past, the employees just try to get a tag number and call the police.

This. Loss prevention guys don't have reign in store... They are plain clothes unarmed guards. They're paid to observe and report.

spooncg33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a store manager for a large retail chain. We have theft all of the time, and like others said we technically aren't allowed to do anything as far as detaining them. Most thieves or teams of thieves come in for 1-4 minutes max. Some will load up a cart and see where all the employees are and just head out. Others will walk over to an area they want to target and have another person distract the co worker for that dept while they load up on merchandise. The last guy we had arrested for stealing a shopping cart full of merchandise had a long list of arrest, so having another one added wasn't a big deal. We got his tag number and he got arrested 3 days later on a separate charge.

Eventually at the rate we are going everything will be locked up in the store.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be very, very quiet...a new conspiracy so vast is afoot. Do not go to Walmart--ever! They are detention centers in disguise. Also, if you could pick one up and look under it, as you would a shoebox, say, you will find a couple of thousand Chi-Com troops hiding in the caverns below each Walmart store. Didn't know about the caverns, did ya? Nor, I suspect, about the "fire lanes" that are actually landing sites for the black helicopters. There's so much more to tell....

Latest posts

Top Bottom