Laundry and dish washer detergent my observations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just despise these "HE" washing machines and detergents.

We have a new GE top-load washer. It works really well once you learn the secret... Max out the detergent...fill that detergent dispenser all the way. And select "Deep Fill" for every cycle. Clothes come out great doing that.

HE my a55...

We have a top-of-the-line dishwasher from Kitchen Aid. That thing works great!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One thing I noticed with a couple of dishwasher detergents. Cascade pods will turn the old RevereWear copper on the bottom of the pans a dark dingy ugly oxidized looking grey. Finish pods make it shine bright, as in you polished it with Flitz kinda bright.

Also with the Cascade pods the dishwasher will get funky smelling after about 3 weeks, then you need to run a "Lemishine cycle" to freshen it up. Don't need to do that with Finish pods.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

We have a new GE top-load washer. It works really well once you learn the secret... Max out the detergent...fill that detergent dispenser all the way. And select "Deep Fill" for every cycle. Clothes come out great doing that.

HE my a55...

Ditto. Different brands, but the results are the same.

We ditched a front load washing machine. There is no way to clean the outer drum without disassembling the machine. There is no way to just open it up and hose it down. Best anyone can do is mask the odor that accumulates over time with those "crystals".

Woody

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just want a reasonably priced clothes detergent that has no smells, no optical brighteners, and can be used in my high efficiency machines. Haven't found anyhting yet.
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Seventh-Ge...d-Clear-Laundry-Detergent-90-fl-oz/5013353665
$14 at lowes, buying laundry detergent at the hardware store is like tough and manly.

HE my a55...

I miss my Kitchen aid dishwasher so much. Should have just took it with me as the new owners gutted the newly remodeled kitchen of my old house.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
https://www.lowes.com/pd/Seventh-Ge...d-Clear-Laundry-Detergent-90-fl-oz/5013353665
$14 at lowes, buying laundry detergent at the hardware store is like tough and manly.
I'm all about that life too, I use the crap out of my military discount for all my cleaning supplies and stuff there. The markups make me sick, so I do whatever I can to save money on it.

ETA I'll give it a shot. I hate how there's so much unnecessary crap in detergent, and honestly, I hate having to buy two different detergents, one for regular clothes and one for hunting clothes.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cascade pods are nowhere near as good as Cascade powder. The Members Mark Sam's brand LOOKS like Cascade pods. It is almost as good, IF you double up on the pods. Cascade Platinum does a good job. Not quite as good as powder, but Wif prefers the pods. Never use Jet Dry or similar. White vinegar works better, cheaper. Our Maytag does great, with the correct detergent.

Laundry is mixture of FOCA (Wally World CHEAP powder) powder and 20 mule team. After laundry is done, leave lid up on washer to dry. No more musty smells.
Had a front load for a bit. Hated it. Clothes never felt clean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom