Laundry and dish washer detergent my observations

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Laundry is mixture of FOCA (Wally World CHEAP powder) powder and 20 mule team. After laundry is done, leave lid up on washer to dry. No more musty smells.
Had a front load for a bit. Hated it. Clothes never felt clean.
I miss my top loader so much. Front loads have never been better than mediocre for me.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's this dishwasher thing you speak of....
They are not really a dish washer, but more of a dish purification chamber.

The hot hot water and the dish washer detergent killes bacteria (I hope), and the hot water and detergent helps rinse away oil and grease, but really there is no washing goin on.

Kinda like a pressure washer never gets a car clean, it takes soap, water and a rag or wash mitt with human power to get that car clean.

And that little bit of food residue on your dishes freshout of the dish washer after it did its thing is just dried seasoning for the next meal! 😁

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Kitchen Aid dishwasher never leaves a residue and gets dishes as clean as hand washing. Ever dishwasher soap maker will tell you with todays dishwashers not to completely rinse the food off the dishes. The food somehow allows the detergent/soap to properly activate and clean.

We never get gritty stuff after a running a load of dishes. These ain't your grandpappy's dishwashers these days.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was reading the back of some bottles the other day while waiting for my dinner to heat.

If you accidentally ingest Palmolive dish soap you are advised to call the Poison Control Center then immediately go to an Emergency Room.

If you accidentally ingest Dawn dish soap your are advised to drink a glass of water.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Kitchen Aid dishwasher never leaves a residue and gets dishes as clean as hand washing. Ever dishwasher soap maker will tell you with todays dishwashers not to completely rinse the food off the dishes. The food somehow allows the detergent/soap to properly activate and clean.

We never get gritty stuff after a running a load of dishes. These ain't your grandpappy's dishwashers these days.
The kitchenaid is next level. My current midrange whirlpool not so much.

Latest posts

Top Bottom