Minimum Wage - the fallout!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not trying. I find the topic a bit stale and boring. I make more than minimum wage because my skills demand higher compensation.

If you don't have your own Wikipedia page solely because of your business dealings, you still make less than you should. Enjoy it. Everybody might not deserve it, but you do.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved working security.. Its an important field. have you ever wondered what would happen if all security guards quit?? This is not a personal issue, I no longer do that. It is a reality issue. These people risk their life every day to protect your safety ands your money's safety. They often get shot or even die while on duty. Don't you think they deserve at least a livable wage?? Or would you like to outsource them too?
If you loved it, then you got your rewards. Do you have any idea why "fun" jobs pay less than hard work?
Ive worked armored truck security for a very short while ( the little money wasn't worth the risk) . They get paid $10 and $11 an hour. A wage increase wont drive the prices up, the prices are already up due to inflation.
Guess what causes inflation. Hint: artificially forcing wages up. Also, if you decided it wasn't worth the risk, then you had the choice, and you made it. See also your previous question about "s that worth risking your life for?" You decided upon "no." Your choice.
People take the job bevause there is no alternative. With a CJ degree you either work LE or security.

Don't blame the workers. We pay armored truck guards $11/hour, Canada pays them $20.

Its disgraceful.
So get a different degree. Nobody forced you into it.
BTW, did you know how many tests and clearances we had to pass??? Valid guard license, 10 years Background check, DMV check DOT physical check, drug test, polygraph test, psych test!

You have no idea what you are talking about. You make me nauseous :(
I could pass any and all of those. As to nauseous, it's synonymous with "nauseating," and yes, I agree, you are. Perhaps you meant "nauseated."

Whose troll account are you, anyway?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you have any idea why "fun" jobs pay less than hard work?

Getting to sex up your coworkers?

Guess what causes inflation. Hint: artificially forcing wages up.

What cause tremendous inflation without artificially forcing wages up (ie, the last 40 years)?

4th time I've asked.

I'm starting to narrow it down.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe if you earned more money. If you'd been laid off from the oilfield, then people might have compassion for the loss of your 90K job. A lot of people here were upset to hear that people were less than sympathetic to the plight of the laid off oilfield crews. Exhibit A:

So Xandria, oddly enough a similar group of people who were upset about the oilfield workers, reveled at the thought of McDonald's installing computer kiosks in order to fire the clerks who wanted to make more money.
So the message is clear enough. Savvy?

Nice archive! I'm impressed with your collection although feeling a bit disturbed your watching me so close. BTW you totally missed my point in both of those statements, but that's not uncommon. :hey3:

I'm getting it narrowed down as well......

Latest posts

Top Bottom