Minimum Wage - the fallout!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xandria

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If just the minimum wage goes up to $15.00 per hour then the manager of McDonald's wouldn't be making anything so they'd have to raise the manager's wages to be fair. Then the cost of the product is going to go up proportionally to what?...$9.00 for a Big Mac? And we all are sitting back with our puny pension if we even have one...who is going to pay those prices?
I am not buying into the idea of $15.00 minimum wage, it is foolish and will lead to inflation on most item produced and procured in the US. Bernie is nuts! We can't afford free college, free medical and he wants to raise taxes to ?20% more to pay for the freebies-then we have Obama's national debt....and he wants 4 billion to fight the mosquitoes!

The CEOs and CFOs of McD are already making hundreds of K if not millions a year. A small wage increase wont affect their profits, but they might save you from catching the FLU or HEP B from workers who otherwise cannot afford medical care/treatment costs.

Do we want a healthy nation? or do we want a sick, sold out( to China ) one?

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is the evidence? Many of you are making arguments that raising the minimum wage will do this, that, or the other...all negatively impacting the system all while doing nothing to help those making minimum wage. Talk is cheap. Where is your evidence? I just spent the last couple hours pouring over tons and tons of evidence that contradicts most of these points.

Several people have asked why minimum wage hasn't (at least) kept up with inflation since the 1960s/1970s era, and nobody has addressed that. If you think there shouldn't be a minimum wage at all, that's another issue and you should simply say that instead of using unfounded/unevidenced arguments to support a position that raising the minimum wage will do nothing except increase inflation.

I'll post this brief summary, which hits on many of the points that are frequently brought up...but I'd welcome evidence that supports any position you hold.
http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/minimum-wage-myths-poverty-seattle/

Xandria

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If people didn't take the job for $10-11/hour then the company would have to either pay more or do without workers (not that it would last long).

Unless the company is willing to operate making less profit, they would have to either raise the cost of their services or cut costs to make up for any pay increase.

People take the job bevause there is no alternative. With a CJ degree you either work LE or security.

Don't blame the workers. We pay armored truck guards $11/hour, Canada pays them $20.

Its disgraceful.

Xandria

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where is the evidence? Many of you are making arguments that raising the minimum wage will do this, that, or the other...all negatively impacting the system all while doing nothing to help those making minimum wage. Talk is cheap. Where is your evidence? I just spent the last couple hours pouring over tons and tons of evidence that contradicts most of these points.

Several people have asked why minimum wage hasn't (at least) kept up with inflation since the 1960s/1970s era, and nobody has addressed that. If you think there shouldn't be a minimum wage at all, that's another issue and you should simply say that instead of using unfounded/unevidenced arguments to support a position that raising the minimum wage will do nothing except increase inflation.

I'll post this brief summary, which hits on many of the points that are frequently brought up...but I'd welcome evidence that supports any position you hold.
http://www.dailydot.com/opinion/minimum-wage-myths-poverty-seattle/

Canada, Europe and Australia have higher wages. We are the most wealthy nation in the world. Why should we pay our own people garbage?

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Several people have asked why minimum wage hasn't (at least) kept up with inflation since the 1960s/1970s era, and nobody has addressed that.

I asked why all wages stopped keeping up with inflation 40 years ago, 3 times, and just crickets and sarcastic fallacies from the lolbertarians and Reaganomics crowd.

Latest posts

Top Bottom