Minimum Wage in OK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Minimum wage in OK is $7.25. AAFES/BK on post are offering $15 per hour to start. Micky Dees off post is offering $11 per hour. Mike's Bar and Grill in Lawton is closing because they can't get enough help. The stimulus money has stopped. Why can't these businesses find help? (Not including the homeless/teethless that apply.) I can't remember the last time businesses were so desperate for workers. Also, this will drive up prices for those of us that are working. Using the BK app, I could get a Whopper meal for $5, it is now $6. Not going to kill me, but this is just a sign. Also, don't get me started on gas prices. $3.20 on post. (Cheap compared to other states/cities) No paper plates at the commissary Friday. Thank GOD I'm a prepper (sort of), I'm not curled up in a corner, but this is the first time I've been even slightly concerned.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was in Walmart and passed this lady with a kid and basket pouring over with junk food.
The kid said wow mom you are buying a lot of stuff. The mom was like. Yes of course it’s the 5th of the month and I am restocking the house.

I carried out a hand basket and it was $50. Hers had to be $250 or $300

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two things that I know are going on right now. The government is sending out snap cards to anyone that was on reduced lunch in 2020 so food's covered for a ton of households and tax returns are getting filed so people are getting fake stimulus money to cover rent. There may be more but that's most of what I've seen.

Peter1861

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Minimum wage in OK is $7.25. AAFES/BK on post are offering $15 per hour to start. Micky Dees off post is offering $11 per hour. Mike's Bar and Grill in Lawton is closing because they can't get enough help. The stimulus money has stopped. Why can't these businesses find help? (Not including the homeless/teethless that apply.) I can't remember the last time businesses were so desperate for workers. Also, this will drive up prices for those of us that are working. Using the BK app, I could get a Whopper meal for $5, it is now $6. Not going to kill me, but this is just a sign. Also, don't get me started on gas prices. $3.20 on post. (Cheap compared to other states/cities) No paper plates at the commissary Friday. Thank GOD I'm a prepper (sort of), I'm not curled up in a corner, but this is the first time I've been even slightly concerned.
I’ve been all over the country in the last year or so, and it seemed like every business, gas station and restaurant I knew was hiring. I wanted a job in a certain field, and I got it. I wanted to live in another area and work a very specific job; I got it. I wanted to live in the same area but work a different job; I got it.

I am certainly thankful to God for making these things happen for me, and there are indeed areas where agriculture and oil/gas really are the only options, but I also wonder why there is such a labor shortage.

I have always thrown it up to “kids these days are lazy,” which is surely true, but I doubt if that is the whole story. Kids in Western Oklahoma don’t seem lazy to me at all...

Yeti695

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The few places I have been seems to all have help wanted signs in the window. I'm not sure what the problem is now with people not wanting to work. Guess Uncle Brandon is fitting the bill now's days for most, I just want more.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Filled up on the way to church this morning. $5.76/gallon for 91 octane. Drove by one station advertising diesel at $5.99/gallon. It will be a glorious day when we see CA in the rear view mirror…..
LMAO. Youjust described some stations in rural Oklahoma I passed today. I mean only a dollar short of those prices, but I'm sure it's coming.

Oh, and on topic. People are making more money than their used to sitting home. Nobody really wants those people as employees andyway. They have no motivation to better themselves, let alone make a company profitable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom