Kentucky court clerk....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I understand exactly what you guys are saying, I just think if it were reversed and the law was changed to force people to attend church or something you guys would be cheering her on if she stood up to it. I see a huge double standard at play here with some showing their hatred of religion and some their distrust of government. Both are fine if you remember one simple fact.

Just because she works for government does not take away her rights, the same rights as you or anyone else.

She has the right to fight for her beliefs, the right to sue, the right to appeal, the right to civil protest, etc, etc, etc. Same as you or me.

As far as her marriages, under her religion she can be forgiven her sins, but to her gays want the right to keep sinning and if she gives them the license she is condoning it.

Now as far as those of you calling her names because you do not agree with her, know that she gets along fine with many of the protesters, has taken them water on hot days, etc. She can have a civil debate with them which seems to be beyond many of you.

She can live her personal live however she pleases...she can choose to marry another man (wonder how that will turn out) or she could choose to marry a woman. Her PRIVATE choice..But once she assumes the role of a public official she has to waive her private rights and follow the law. You are so worried that her right is being taken away...she still has the right...just not while holding a public position.

I also do not see how this is so difficult to understand

Have you considered the rights of gay people? Can you look at this argument from the other perspective?
sure you don't agree with it (probably, sorry for making the assumption), but law is law... If you don't like the law... the work to change it and hope you are in the majority.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't think that it was possible, but you topped your most ridiculous b*llshit with this post. She's a self-righteous b!tch taking advantage of her position to abuse the rights and happiness of others. Personally, I'd like to see her in front of a firing squad along with some WBC and ISIS members.

Damn, Homie! Your blood sugar low? Somebody get this guy some orange juice and a cookie!

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just because she works for government does not take away her rights, the same rights as you or anyone else.

Separation of church and state is there for that very reason. She can do whatever she wants at home but at her .gov job she needs to do her job as mandated by the courts.

She has the right to fight for her beliefs, the right to sue, the right to appeal, the right to civil protest, etc, etc, etc. Same as you or me.

Yeah I guess technically she does but why? Some people are so delusional that they think they can say or do whatever they want without recourse just because it's their right to do/say. Everyone has the right to protest but I know if I protested a direct order from our CEO I wouldn't have a job and that's the way it is. Unfortunately in this case she can't be fired like I could. She has to be impeached. She needs to get over herself and either perform her elected duty, resign, or pay the piper. Pretty simple stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for those in the know, please correct me if i'm wrong, but i was told that those in the military aren't allowed to say whatever they want publicly in regards to their thoughts about the CiC. Is that correct?

Also, can they refuse an order strictly because of their religious beliefs?

Are there some rights those in the military do not enjoy because of their jobs?

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Wonder how Kim would take it if the only person that could issue her a driver license said, nope, you've been divorced, that's against my closely held beliefs.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are there some rights those in the military do not enjoy because of their jobs?
Yes, and that's made clear to them when they sign up; they don't lose their rights so much as waive them.

Ms. Davis may retain the right to practice her religion, but I suspect she's about to enjoy her right to equal treatment under the law--namely, parking her butt in a jail cell for contempt. The (federal) judge has ordered her to appear on Thursday. Do note that in addition to a federal judicial ruling, she's also violating a state statute requiring her to execute her office faithfully. The governor is looking into appointing a special prosecutor on that charge.

As I once heard a judge tell a defendant in a contempt citation ordering him to appear in two weeks, "bring a toothbrush."

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
DMV ran by someone who is Amish.
Ha, nobody drives.

The only trouble with that is that the DMV consists of ordinary employees, who can be fired for refusing to perform their job duties. Court Clerk is an elected position, so removing Ms. Davis requires impeachment, which appears unlikely.

Latest posts

Top Bottom