Sooner State Pawn Oklahoma Second Amendment Association 2A Shooting Center Harsh Firearms Fat Boy Tactical
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default AR15 Trigger hammer broke?????

I will ask for pix after I get off work today and post it. I dont know if this is a common problem or not but I have seen 2 cases of hammer broke right at the hook angle. I was wondering if that caused by dry fire.

well found this pix, thought want to share, AR15 commiefornia legal

Measurement, Estimation, Calculation, Comparison, Victory.

THIS IS WHAT I'M WORKING ON. I LOVE B-1B
    MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT. I'M AN A&P.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock 'em down View Post
    Glocks ain't suppossed to look good or feel good. They're suppossed to work. Period. They are simply a tool. A gorgeous Smith & Wesson revolver or a beautiful 1911 is what you show your friends.
    A Glock is what you show your enemies.

My OSA Feedback

Default Re: AR15 Trigger hammer broke?????

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Da Fire View Post
    I will ask for pix after I get off work today and post it. I dont know if this is a common problem or not but I have seen 2 cases of hammer broke right at the hook angle. I was wondering if that caused by dry fire.

well found this pix, thought want to share, AR15 commiefornia legal

What two examples are you aware of (brand and factory lower or stripped and LPK)?

I've not heard any issues with dry-firing an AR.

Quote Originally Posted by ez bake View Post
    What two examples are you aware of (brand and factory lower or stripped and LPK)?

I've not heard any issues with dry-firing an AR.

broke where i highlighted, is that normal?

Glocks ain't suppossed to look good or feel good. They're suppossed to work. Period. They are simply a tool. A gorgeous Smith & Wesson revolver or a beautiful 1911 is what you show your friends.

My OSA Feedback

broke where i highlighted, is that normal?
    OK - what was the brand of AR that this happened in (for each of the two cases you heard of)?

Were these builds or factory-built ARs?

the lpk was ordered from tapco back then. he sold me his bushmaster 2stg trigger and replaced with tapco trigger group. he read somewhere about DIY lighter/reduce trigger pull and thought try it out with tapco trigger kit and it broke.

My OSA Feedback

I've bolded your friend's problems below in red

the lpk was ordered from tapco back then. he sold me his bushmaster 2stg trigger and replaced with tapco trigger group. he read somewhere about DIY lighter/reduce trigger pull and thought try it out with tapco trigger kit and it broke.

Umm, do you mean the "half moon" of metal missing off the TRIGGER?? That is what is outlined in red! If that is what you are talking about...IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT. It allows the hammer spring to engage the notch cut into the trigger pin so it doesn't walk out of the receiver!

If you are thinking that the back of the hammer has been broken IT ISN'T see below.

BTW that is a 9MM lower parts kit!
    Bleeding is merely the first step in the healing process

Quote Originally Posted by KurtM View Post
    Umm, do you mean the "half moon" of metal missing off the TRIGGER?? That is what is outlined in red! If that is what you are talking about...IT IS SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THAT. It allows the hammer spring to engage the notch cut into the trigger pin so it doesn't walk out of the receiver!

If you are thinking that the back of the hammer has been broken IT ISN'T see below.

BTW that is a 9MM lower parts kit!
    yeah i dont have a .223 trigger pix, i Google that pix and marked it. it was the hammer pin that broke, the pin that right above trigger index hook.

My OSA Feedback

Beat me to it...

zzz333 Where in Wyo are you? I am on the Mesa outside of Pinedale, livin the dream! SST-66

Ok You have a picture of a Hammer with spring...the thing to the left, a disconector, the thing above everything else in the middle, and a trigger with spring, the thing in the center at the bottom, and a trigger pin...the round pin looking thing in the bottom center left.. Now what do you think is broke? The trigger pin sits in the center of the lower receiver, the hammer pin sits in the front of the lower receiver cut out, and is slightly above the trigger pin.

I have seen a couple pins break over the years, but it isn't very common.

Quote Originally Posted by KurtM View Post
    Ok You have a picture of a Hammer with spring...the thing to the left, a disconector, the thing above everything else in the middle, and a trigger with spring, the thing in the center at the bottom, and a trigger pin...the round pin looking thing in the bottom center left.. Now what do you think is broke? The trigger pin sits in the center of the lower receiver, the hammer pin sits in the front of the lower receiver cut out, and is slightly above the trigger pin.

I have seen a couple pins break over the years, but it isn't very common.
    yeah, the pin (bottom) is broken, so that is the trigger pin not hammer pin, well im retarded to called the bottom pin hammer pin.

My OSA Feedback

I'm confused, you said the hammer was broken at "the angle," the pic you posted leads me to believe the trigger is broken, not the hammer.

I'm also curious to find out what the "home" method of lightening the trigger pull was.
    "It's a very deadly weapon to know what you're doing." William Murderface

My Feedback

BTW I know the guy who made that AR! His girl friend is Japanese and she just loves that thing with Hello Kitty...it was the only way to get her to the range! He lives in SoCal and is a very active 3-gunner.

Quote Originally Posted by technetium-99m View Post
    I'm confused, you said the hammer was broken at "the angle," the pic you posted leads me to believe the trigger is broken, not the hammer.

I'm also curious to find out what the "home" method of lightening the trigger pull was.
    i confused myself after read my own post. the title suppose to be "Re: AR15 Trigger hammer PIN broken?????" i mistyped i'll post the pix later.

My OSA Feedback