10/22 Cleaning hole mod

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Has anybody modified their 10/22 by drilling the rear of the receiver to allow you to clean the barrel from the breach?

I have two 10/22s, one with the hole (I didn't drill it, previous owner did) and one without. I don't use the one that is there. I guess if I had put on a high end barrel I might use it.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hole is actually below the surface of the stock. So, I don't think dirt is an issue. Brownells sells a jig that attaches to the receiver so you can put the hole in the proper place. I was hoping somebody that has done this mod might have a jig they are willing to sell or loan out.

Leadlobber

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a simple weedeater line I pull thru from the breech .The trick is to find a way to hold your patch on while pulling thru the barrel you can try to melt the end, I used an electrical connector [cannon plug pin ] on the end small enough to pass thru yet large enough to hold your patch .

I think the commercial name is patchworm . Maybe its just me but I don't care for the idea of a bore snake if it ever gets stuck... plus the idea of running it dirty thru the bore

Latest posts

Top Bottom