100yrd coyote gun lol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jarrettszcz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMG_3105.jpg

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I'm an idiot. I don't have any experience with SKSs... what's funny about this? I mean besides going to the trouble to do all that work and add so much to a $200 gun.

Is that what's funny about it?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've seen two first hand over the years that were dressed similar to that one, they both would shoot 1"-2" groups at 100y, or minute of coyote:)

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I'm an idiot. I don't have any experience with SKSs... what's funny about this? I mean besides going to the trouble to do all that work and add so much to a $200 gun.

I think he's referencing the 600 yd scope on the 200 yd rifle/cartridge.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

$200!?!?

Holy crap. I guess times are a changin'. I remember a friend got a crate of 10 packed in cosmoline for $399 back in the day. Then they went up to $99 each and the Mosin was the new $39 gun.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tricking out an SKS or even an AK like that???? Come ON! But then each to his own as they say. Variety is the spice of life.

That said: that tricked out rifle reminds me of an experience I had a number of years past.

5 or 6 years ago I watched a guy out at the Banner Road Range with an SKS tricked out similarly to the one in the OP's pic (less the scope). The poor guy couldn't hit a 12" bullseye style target on the 50 yard range. After about 10 minutes we started chit chatting and he eventually asked if I had any notion of what was wrong. A few questions, answers and a quick external inspection later I broke out my bore light and took a look.

The bore was pitted and shot out. He was new to firearms and had no idea.

I let the guy shoot my M1-Garand and as it turned out he did a pretty good job with it. He was still bummed so I let him shoot a CZ-75 and a 1911 which he enjoyed immensely.

We both left the range happy campers. Hopefully he stayed interested in firearms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom