105 Amax load workup - Beginner needing advice.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rmitch223

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive worked up from 37gn to 40gn and the rifle is shooting very accurately with 40gn. I'm not sure I will push it anymore. I may try 40.5 and 41gn in the future but right now I'm pretty happy. Shooting 1/2" groups at 100yrds now and 1" groups at 200yrds. I'm very curious as to what velocity I'm getting with this load. Gonna have to get a chronograph asap.

vooduchikn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive worked up from 37gn to 40gn and the rifle is shooting very accurately with 40gn. I'm not sure I will push it anymore. I may try 40.5 and 41gn in the future but right now I'm pretty happy. Shooting 1/2" groups at 100yrds now and 1" groups at 200yrds. I'm very curious as to what velocity I'm getting with this load. Gonna have to get a chronograph asap.

Excellent. I am about to load up some .243 with 95gn Berger VLD hunting and will have to go through the same process of working it up for charge and then play with the OAL. I will be shooting it from a singleshot, so I don't have to worry about the completed cartridges and magazines lengths. I will be using Varget (my go to for .308, have heard it works well in .243) and I am having a problem located min starting data. I have emailed Berger and due to the holidays, haven't got a response back yet. There is no data for this combo in my books.

I wish i had some starting data because I would load up today.

Latest posts

Top Bottom