10kt Mason ring and MRE Holy Bible question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to spend the next 3 days recovering from a surgery and looking thru the Bible before reaching out to its new home. Thank you all for the words of advice and didn’t mean any disrespect with my voodoo comments.

I am generally a very superstitious person as I grew up playing baseball and even years later playing ball for the Navy I think we all had our own little game within a game we brought to the Diamond. I will certainly enjoy the art work that I peaked at last night.
Just saying it's nothing to be worried about. There's millions of them out there. I don't even have a ring. I don't wear jewelry period. Not even a wedding ring. Been married since 1989, never had a ring. Been a MM since 1992. Couldn't afford 32° dues after losing job and going on workers comp trust fund. You can buy the rings everywhere.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't want to take away from the OP but can anyone shed a little light on this ring? Was my grandfathers. When my Dad passed away, we found it with his other rings.
Mason ring 2.jpg

Attachments

• Mason ring 1.jpg
    Mason ring 1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Mason ring 3.jpg
    Mason ring 3.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Same thing.
Just that ring has the tools used by masons way back in the day. The OG's of brick and stone laying. That's all I can say. Anything inscribed on the inside?

Edit:
Twenty-four-inch Gage, Common Gavel, Square, Level, Plumb, Skirret, Compasses, Pencil, Trowel, Mallet, Pickax, Crow, and Shovel.

Last edited:

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same thing.
Just that ring has the tools used by masons way back in the day. The OG's of brick and stone laying. That's all I can say. Anything inscribed on the inside?

Edit:
Twenty-four-inch Gage, Common Gavel, Square, Level, Plumb, Skirret, Compasses, Pencil, Trowel, Mallet, Pickax, Crow, and Shovel.
Thank you!

joegrizzy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I don’t need the details but is it bad taste to pass on to others 2 pieces of Mason swag that I do not believe are my own family history.

Any interest let me know but it won’t be for sale until my superstitious side is safe once again.
judging by the comments here; you should absolutely wear it.

who the f cares if you wear it or not?!

>a non-mason shouldn't wear it....
oOoooOOooooOOoooOOooo and ya'll call me crazy

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

But then you have to learn how to do the secret handshake and contemplate ways of taking over the world! Bwahahaha!

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Melt or wear the ring unworthily and you'll have the Masonic Curse. Beware!
I too have a Masonic Bible I obtained when my stepdad passed away in 1995, It belonged to hie step-dad who ran for Governor of Oklahoma many decades ago. I can't think of his name at present but he was influential and in oil. I'm going to get some other things to give away soon and the Bible will be among the "stuff." (First sentence is a joke)

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not particularly superstitious, but I wouldn’t wear the ring for the same reason that I wouldn’t wear my grandfather’s Bronze Star, Purple Heart, or CIB—out of respect for what they represent and and for the men and women who have earned the right to wear them.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

One day you will come to respect others and their wishes. I don't feel like there is anything wrong with gaining knowledge and showing some modicum of respect for others traditions/beliefs/shenanigans/superstitions.

Really the only thing I don't give a "f" about is what you share, you troll where convenient and never have provided a comprehensible reply to questions posed in any forum, at this point in your online history that I have read on this site alone I feel like it would be a disappointment for those who are really crazy to have you lumped in with them.

The comments I made out of curiosity and superstition are conversation starters only and are not to be taken in seriousness, I would imagine if you are in the know about the Masonic Temple you have heard more than I can remember on ways that others have picked on Mason's with for years. But I will not put that ring on and I still won't let a black cat cross my path.

Joe, quit judging and get busy living fella. Ask your mom if you can go outside today and play with real people.

Latest posts

Top Bottom