10kt Mason ring and MRE Holy Bible question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have all of my Father's uniforms from his 20 years in the Navy, retiring in 1979 as a CTMC (Crypto Tech Maintenance).

I retired from the same Navy in 2006 and never attained the rank of "Chief" (E-7) like my father did. I was in charge of changing out his combination cover (big hat) and busting dust off his "leathers" (shoes). I would never in a million years consider wearing any of his uniform items but I do have some of them proudly on display at my house. I am in the process of mounting his Tropical Khaki Chief's uniform that he wore during our days in the Panama Canal Zone during Vietnam.

I never realized all he sacrificed until the last few years and wish I could have made Chief for him, it didn't work out and I praise the Lord that he saw best to get me out of the Navy at the 20 years mark. I would more than likely be divorced and alone if I had advanced one more pay grade so I count my blessings every time I have to tell the story of "why" I was not selected, lol.

I have flown with a few of the lurkers on here and they might get a kick out of this story.

Latest posts

Top Bottom