10kt Mason ring and MRE Holy Bible question.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you do wear the ring, Masons may see it and think that you are a Mason as well and shake your hand. It's a strange handshake -at least to me.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will say that inside the ring it has the following marks:

10kt B and L

I have seen the B and L in images from Google, but have not found an image of the B and L inside of a circle like this ring, which leads me to believe it may be older than most. The metal inlay of the Mason's tools are all very vivid with minimal wear. I saw one like this on eBay last night and after zooming in on the ring the tools are painted on in a very poor attempt to recreate this ring and it had a beginning bid of $299.

Hopefully someone zooms in before bidding on it.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t need the details but is it bad taste to pass on to others 2 pieces of Mason swag that I do not believe are my own family history.

Any interest let me know but it won’t be for sale until my superstitious side is safe once again.
There is nothing superstitious about the Craft.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
judging by the comments here; you should absolutely wear it.

who the f cares if you wear it or not?!

>a non-mason shouldn't wear it....
oOoooOOooooOOoooOOooo and ya'll call me crazy
Not out of voodoo or hexes or special powers but out of respect you should not wear it.

After my dad died I found he had a special bracelet that I would wear day and night if I had earned it but I have not been in combat and have not earned it so out of respect to the owner, my dad, and the badge, I will not wear it.

1657923387654.jpeg

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Melt or wear the ring unworthily and you'll have the Masonic Curse. Beware!
I too have a Masonic Bible I obtained when my stepdad passed away in 1995, It belonged to hie step-dad who ran for Governor of Oklahoma many decades ago. I can't think of his name at present but he was influential and in oil. I'm going to get some other things to give away soon and the Bible will be among the "stuff." (First sentence is a joke)
Kerr?

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m not particularly superstitious, but I wouldn’t wear the ring for the same reason that I wouldn’t wear my grandfather’s Bronze Star, Purple Heart, or CIB—out of respect for what they represent and and for the men and women who have earned the right to wear them.
I just saw this after I posted mine. We think alike.

Latest posts

Top Bottom