10mm shooters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a member of the club.......... What equipment is required to participate in this ?

Basically a semi-auto pistol with a 10+1 capacity and 4 magazines. You could make it work with 2 magazines if you have a shooting buddy help you by reloading mags while you shoot. There will also be a division for pocket guns which should have a 6+1 round capacity. Targeting guns like the .G42/G43 sized guns which shoot a slight less round count on the CoF (1 round on each paper target instead of 2). A gun bag or case to hold the firearm to bring it to the firing line. It’s shot from low ready and there are not any reloads during the string of fire.

While this is a GSSF style match, these practice matches will not require a Glock. The first match will be limited to one entry per person to shake out the bugs and get ROs familiar with format. After that more entries will be allowed.

This is a really low stress way to introduced shooters to competitions. Shooting off a timer, multiple shots, target acquisition etc. And it provides and evaluation (your scores) to be used to judge progress of training and practice between the matches.

There is a list of divisions on this flyer. This will be subject to change if needed to fit other guns.

https://www.okcgunclub.org/gssf.html

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks much. I've gotta check this out!

Right now there is not a division dedicated to the 10/45 like the official GSSF traveling outdoor matches have. However, I would expect one to be added as the match grows. There are several shooters in the metro area that shoot these official matches and participate in the Heavy Metal and Major Sub-Compact divisions.

There is some good info on the GSSF RO info page.

http://www.gssfonline.com/range-officer.cfm

And the rules. Outdoors starting on page 9.
http://www.gssfonline.com/glockrpt/GSSF_Current_Rules.pdf

You do not have to be a GSSF member or a OKC gun club member to shoot these practice matches. (Although a discount for OKCGC members is given)

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been trying to find a Kimber Black Ice 10mm for 4-5 months now. Will see if I can get one at cabelas tomorrow. Been wanting a 10mm 1911 for only a decade or so :)

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Basically a semi-auto pistol with a 10+1 capacity and 4 magazines. You could make it work with 2 magazines if you have a shooting buddy help you by reloading mags while you shoot. There will also be a division for pocket guns which should have a 6+1 round capacity. Targeting guns like the .G42/G43 sized guns which shoot a slight less round count on the CoF (1 round on each paper target instead of 2). A gun bag or case to hold the firearm to bring it to the firing line. It’s shot from low ready and there are not any reloads during the string of fire.

While this is a GSSF style match, these practice matches will not require a Glock. The first match will be limited to one entry per person to shake out the bugs and get ROs familiar with format. After that more entries will be allowed.

This is a really low stress way to introduced shooters to competitions. Shooting off a timer, multiple shots, target acquisition etc. And it provides and evaluation (your scores) to be used to judge progress of training and practice between the matches.

There is a list of divisions on this flyer. This will be subject to change if needed to fit other guns.

https://www.okcgunclub.org/gssf.html
I wonder if I could shoot better with the g20 or g37. I haven't shot the g20 yet, and little with the 37.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if I could shoot better with the g20 or g37. I haven't shot the g20 yet, and little with the 37.

It hard to say. Some people prefer the large from over the smaller 17/22/37 frame. I do like the heavier slides of the 20 and 37.

But with this competition I feel a 9mm , 17 or 34 sized gun works really well and had a slight advantage recovering from recoil. But it’s all about getting rounds down range and building the skills. I’ve put down times at the same competition with my G20 that were quicker than my G17 and G34 were in 3 division attempts.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
4197B60E-CB9D-472A-AB8D-CF3CC2431CA4.jpeg
Finally found one this morning, cabelas had 2 10mm and 2 45s. Now I want one in 9mm and 45

wide angle lens sure distorts that pic, here is one of the stock pics
863BEF57-F5A4-41D7-B9E5-5585AF90E32F.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom