.17hmr owners, worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
dgrobbi, yup, I visit that forum often. It's been a great help for me learning this rimfire stuff and zeroing my scope.

These things are blast to shoot. I may head out tomorrow to shoot mine. I've got the bug.

dgrobbi

New to the site!
Reaction score
dgrobbi, yup, I visit that forum often. It's been a great help for me learning this rimfire stuff and zeroing my scope.

These things are blast (AND CHEAPER THAN ANYTHING ELSE!!!) to shoot. I may head out tomorrow to shoot mine. I've got the bug.

Fixed it for ya :D BTW if you get bitten by the bug, above statement does not apply. I have 25+ firearms, got bit and started buying .22's like they're going out of style. Now I spend more on my .22 ammo than my handloaded .45acp and 5.56! :hithead:

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in case anyone thinks the little 17hmr doesn't have any umph.

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

I had been shooting 22lr and 17mach2 at the bullet catch. Drug out the 17hmr and blam it popped a hole in it.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
When these came out my first thought went back to what happened with the 5mm rimfire round. Am I carzy to think a reloadable round is a better option?

Michael

shootinpreacher48

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MLR i agree the 22 hornet does everything the 17 will do plus a lot more for about 9 dollar for 50 rounds. With a little more noise, and recoil, and lets be honest a lot better round, now it is not a 223 but it is a awesome rounds that i would put in the same class as rimfire.

Latest posts

Top Bottom