1911 22 Conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1911 conversion and why?

• Colt Ace (circa 1966 condition 99%)

Votes: 8 20.0%
  • Kimber (NIB)

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • Other

Votes: 14 35.0%

• Total voters

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just placed an order for an advantage arms unit from some police supply store up north. They said it's the "LEO Issue", so I don't really know what that means, but it's the standard model. I tried ordering from their site, but it was a 6-8 week wait. I wanted one with a last round open so it would be as true to the .45 big brother as possible. My girlfriend loves the look and feel of the .45, but is affraid of it since she's never shot before. I like starting new shooters out on .22s and working up. I have an old H&R 22 revolver that looks like the Colt SAA. She's master that and wanting to move on to a semi. I had thought about buying a ruger mkii or something, but read an article about the 1911 conversions and thought that would be something fun to try. If it doesn't work out, you might see a slightly used 1911 22lr conversion in the classifieds. I'll give a range report when I get it in.

Way back from the dead, but I assume you recieved your order, and was wondering on your thoughts about it? Would you reccommend? I am wanting to get a .22 conversion for my 80 series Colt....

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way back from the dead, but I assume you recieved your order, and was wondering on your thoughts about it? Would you reccommend? I am wanting to get a .22 conversion for my 80 series Colt....

wow, yeah they kept pushing the order back and back until I finally canceled it. I've never gotten around to placing another order.

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
wow, yeah they kept pushing the order back and back until I finally canceled it. I've never gotten around to placing another order.

Interesting.....I am willing to bet that it would still be the same way, or maybe worse....I guess there's only one way to find out...I'd really like to have the ACE (or II) anyway....

bratch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a Glock 19 kit from them and it was a 12 week wait. last I saw they were not taking orders for G19 or G17 kits.

Bobrob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered on of the marvel unit one, moves whole slide, and does have adjustable sights. All the marvel people had shut down and gone to camp perry, short story, I thought the order had failed, and 6 weeks later the conversion kit arrived.

Meanwhile I bought a Kimber kit from Sports World and was shooting the heck out of it.

no complaints you just have to use hotter ammo, that Federal match won't cycle the slide. Any of the "hi velocity" stuff works fine.

Don't know what i will do with the marvel kit, I may list it after I have made enough "substantiate" posts.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Marvel.I LOVE IT AND IT FEEDS EVERYTHING THAT I PUT THROUGH IT. I have mounted it on my SA single stack and currently have it mounted on an STI 2011. locks back on last round and shoots like crazy.

Don

JxxxOxxxE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BobRob, I might be interested, let me know if you really want to get rid of it...

Anyone know of a good place to look for one of the Colt Kits? I only came across 1 on gunsamerica, and it was sold....

Latest posts

Top Bottom