1911 "complete" disassembly ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 1911 is a simple pistol to completely disassemble and reassemble. @coolhandluke brings up a good thing to have, the block...but I just use an old roll of electrical tape in its place. It works, but a block is more cooler. Another good thing to have is a magnetic parts tray. I can't even begin to tell you about all the tiny springs and pins and stuff I have tread that other people lose all the time and how they crawl around on the floor digging around in carpet, looking at every nook and cranny and sometimes...days or weeks later, there it is! I usually just lay my small parts out on a white hand towel so they don't tend to roll off the table or get swept off onto the floor, but when I am not in a hurry, or not feeling too lazy, I'll get the magnetic tray I brought at Walmart, in the auto section for $5 bucks. My magnetic tray is about the size of a cereal bowl, or my dog's dish. Hey! I wonder if his dog tags would get stuck to the dish if I used it for his dinner? I got a real weird dog, he'd probably freak out if his dog tags were to stick on his "food" dish.
Get one of these. You will never lose a part in the carpet or anywhere else for that matter. Also great for picking up shotgun hulls after a session of trap/sporting clays. $18 at lowes in the roofing aisle.

008236951325.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom