Annual Cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how often you guys clean the arsenal but I like to go over them all once a year and that happens sometime in January. Getting to them later than normal this year and spent Friday cleaning the handguns. Next week I’ll have a rifle day and then a shotgun day making sure none of them have developed cancer. 😳 So far so good and I really don’t expect to find anything bad has happened. It’s also good to get a refresher course on how they all disassemble/reassemble cuz sometimes it gets a little fuzzy 🥴. So how often do you guys dig to the back of your safe?

08H3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t shoot my AR all the time but I also don’t think it’s been completely cleaned in 5 years. Same for my g43x, hasn’t been cleaned since I bought it.

My hunting rifles get cleaned after holiday antlerless. My target rifles and 22s after shooting.

j99tc88

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Handguns I go over about every quarter. Rifles and shotguns after use. Guns I shoot often after I get back home. May be a little much. Dang lol

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Glocks and ARs. They don't need no stinkin' cleaning. :D
Yeah, I don’t have any of those. 😜 My safe houses guns with a little more personality 😂😂 like 1903 Springfields, 03A3s and various other WWI/WWII rifles along with some Winchester Pumps and a couple Holland & Hollands etc… I have very few that are less than 50 years old and most are in the 80-110 year category.

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mother takes care of cleaning my guns and catfish.......a drunkard's dream if I ever did see one.
I can get mine to clean catfish pretty easily. Cleaning guns, not so much. But I bet she would if I asked her to help. She's a good'un.

I clean my carry pistols after every range trip. All others get it about once a year or so but I don't shoot them as much as my carry guns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom