1984: It's Not Just For Governments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How would you handle a request for access to your private accounts?

• Tell them to get stuffed.

Votes: 36 57.1%
  • Politely decline with no explanation.

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Decline with an explanation as to why.

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Other (post your response in the thread).

Votes: 6 9.5%

• Total voters

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One more reason i'm glad I don't have a facebook or twitter or any of that crap. I get on my wife's and chat with my best friend in afghanistan from time to time. Reassures me why I don't have one! I chose option 4 since I don't have one for them to check.

Yes, but what if they asked for all your internet aliases kroberts2131?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=kroberts2131

Hmmm, you might be someone prone to gun violence...pass...

Wouldn't that all depend on how they got it?

Michael

They requested it during the interview (read: give it to us or we'll round file your application).

I don't post anything on Facebook that I wouldn't say any place at any time to anyone. Most of my posts are just jokes about my wife. Last week I changed us to an "open relationship" to get her girlfriends to gossip. HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hmmm, in an open relationship equals loose morals...better pass...

:anyone:

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a stupid Facebook account that my son forced me to open to look at his.
I've never been on it but once to post a pic. 5 years now and it still amazing how many people that I see on a weekly basis or more want to be my "friend".
Why not just call?
We don't want a friend that bad.:tounge2:

Michael

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is so ignorant of the prospective employer in so many ways ......... I sure do enjoy being retired. I would have to told he/she to "stuff it" also ....... Hmmm, wonder if the Obama's have a Facebook Account? .....
[Broken External Image]

Last edited:

soonerwings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to a law enforcement interview where they asked if they could see my Facebook account. After thinking it over for a second, I told them I'd be glad to log in to it and let them look (my privacy setting are so tight that even friends can't post on my wall), but there was no way I was going to give them my password. The guy doing the interview (a background investigator) said that was just fine and that they'd never ask for passwords.

Last night, I saw a story on the local news (I think it was Fox at 9) that featured some guy from Norman PD saying how crucial it was for them to be able to monitor people's accounts. How can someone charged with protecting people think that this is ok? Do police officers have fewer rights than everyone else?

The difference between the two departments was striking. I'd never interview with Norman after seeing this story.

bilboben

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I voted "Get Stuffed".

I don't put up enough info anywhere on the web to be of use anyway, nor do I keep any passwords, account numbers, etc., etc., on the computer. Even my book keeping software is not on the computer.Woody

I would like to know how this works, I have never known software that was able to work not on a computer of some type????? Are you one of those human computers like on the movie "Dune"?

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not much for slippery slopes but I think you've got something here. How many people want what they post here on OSA exposed?

While none of the stuff I post on here is "bad" by any means, I wouldn't want people looking through my OSA posts that aren't familiar with the gun world. I didn't see anything about them asking about forum sites so maybe they don't care about that as much or just haven't caught on to it? I just posted this for them all to find out about!

Latest posts

Top Bottom