1st LEO Encounter Since Getting CCL - Positive Experience

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This evening I had my first "official" encounter with an OK LEO (specifically OHP) and it was a positive experience.
I don't want to exaggerate the encounter as it was fairly minor: I was heading home and had just pulled into my neighborhood this evening when I was lit-up by a car that has followed me for the last 1/2 mile or so (ironically I was commenting to my wife that a car was suspiciously following us into our neighborhood!).

The officer came up and I remembered to have the cabin light on, window down, and both licenses ready. The trooper was very professional and polite, asked if I had my weapon on me - I answered and described the location on my person and all he said was "please just leave it there and we'll be fine". After about 5 minutes he came back to give me a warning about an inop license plate light. The only real downside was that he lit me up right in front of my neighbors' homes but maybe a little infamy will make me a local hero?

Overall a very uneventful, routine encounter which is just the way I hope for every LEO encounter to go.

Oh yes, lest I forget, thank you trooper Hoover for a positive experience.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just tell your neighbors he got you for doin 130 and you talked him out of it ,cause you're cool like that.

ps. last time i encountered one of those OHP thugs his wife bought a gun off me.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just tell your neighbors he got you for doin 130 and you talked him out of it ,cause you're cool like that.

ps. last time i encountered one of those OHP thugs his wife bought a gun off me.

Saddlebum,

The only way my Suburban would do 130 is if you dropped it out of an airplane with no chute!

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Fixed the light today - figured it would be poor form for him to nab me two nights in a row with the same issue after a warning!

Was it out to begin with? I've never had to replace a tag light that was "out".

I'm still wondering how y'all get the officers to come to the window. I always got asked to step out and walk to the car - sometimes backwards.

Latest posts

Top Bottom