2 Wild Boar Down

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those 1,2,3 shots never work for me. Way to execute!

LOL! Same here. After basically running a thousand feet up a mountain to shoot an elk, and doing the 1,2,3 thing, I forgot to take my safety off. Still got it on a running shot though, but it sucked when the rifle didn't go off at the first trigger pull.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job Dusty! I've tried that counting method and whoever is with me usually shoots on 2! LOL!!
Well, it does give problems sometimes, this same guy last time missed his shot, but was rather delayed. This time I told him to count and take his shot and I would fire after his. My trigger is just under 2 pounds and I know it. I took up tension and when I heard (or maybe anticipated his) I squeezed off mine. Seriously sounded like BA-Bang! and 2 flops.
Thank you!
That's awesome. interesting color pattern. Is that common here? When I pig hunted in Alabama the vast majority were jet black. It was very rare to get one that had a different color than that.
Primarily all black or dirty brown here. There are a few spotted as well, however 2 less now.
Ugh. I need to go pig hunt.
Yes you do! Kill em all!
Polka dots.....nice!

Thank you

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks
LOL! Same here. After basically running a thousand feet up a mountain to shoot an elk, and doing the 1,2,3 thing, I forgot to take my safety off. Still got it on a running shot though, but it sucked when the rifle didn't go off at the first trigger pull.
Yep the year before there were 3 hunters and only 1 shot in a situation like you described. One had plunged his barrel in the snow and didn't fire because he knew not too. The other had a firing pin spring freeze up IIRC. It was -23* that morning.
Way to sack 'em up Bassin'!

What gun/caliber did you use?
Thanks. Remington 700 30-06 that I free floated the barrel and a buddy of mine did the trigger work (Thanks Drew) I reload 165 Sierra Game Kings soft points on top of IMR 4895.
Attaboy HogSlayer.....ummmmmm errrr I mean Bassin!
Thank you. When are we going hog hunting?
Those 1,2,3 shots never work for me. Way to execute!
Thank you. The 1,2,3 shoot method does sometimes give problems as my other post reflects.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Same here, most of the time I end up shooting my at my game when the other guy's is already laying on the ground, lol!
Or some guy shoots them all before you get there. What an A-hole, huh?
Yeah, bassin gets all the good spotted hogs with built in bulls eyes. Majority of mine down here are mainly black and some red. Every once in a great while I'll come across some spots. Good job bassin, kill em all.
Thanks! So are you saying spotted pigs are worth more down there?
LOL, You still have not unloaded your firewood from the farm. Smart. Nice size porkers.
Yep, with this weather we are having the weight from the wood helps with traction.
Excellente!

Thank you

Latest posts

Top Bottom