Where Am I?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are two news stations in the area, one out of Lawton and the other out of Wichita Falls, both refer to the area where I live, SW Oklahoma as Texoma however I’ve never heard anyone outside of them use that term.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are two news stations in the area, one out of Lawton and the other out of Wichita Falls, both refer to the area where I live, SW Oklahoma as Texoma however I’ve never heard anyone outside of them use that term.
I grew up in Greer County, and it for sure was Lawton and Wishy Falls tv before cable or satellite.

C_Hallbert

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Friends,

Didn’t want to hijack the “what states are represented” thread but it did bring up a question I have from time to time. Being a transplant I’m finding a lot of things to be really unique from anywhere else and it’s a little difficult trying to label what region of the US Oklahoma belongs. It’s like it’s a one of a kind place and I think that’s pretty darn cool. I’ve read anything west of Arkansas was considered the Wild West and being in SW Oklahoma I definitely get that feel, definitely more cows than people down this way. But then sometimes I feel like I’m living in The South and other times it has almost a Mid-West feel. So folks how would you guys describe Oklahoma? Just where am I?? 😂😂
If you’re living in Tulsa, it’s closer to being in Austin than the rest of OK…..

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up in KS. Wife grew up in Oklahoma. I moved to Oklahoma in my early 20s. KS definitely felt much more “mid west” and Oklahoma certainly feels much more “southern” than KS ever did.

Oklahoma is fairly diverse though overall I’d say. Tough to put a finger on it.
Having grown up here then transplanted to KS then back to Oklahoma I was sure in culture shock when the TV news people here say fixinto. My wife has even started using them instead of those.

:laugh6:

Latest posts

Top Bottom