20/20 Story Police Officers Speeding (Non emergency) What does OSA think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CODE_3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I challenge all the doubters to go for a ride along with your local police/sheriffs dept. It may open your eyes to why people do what they do. And for some, there is just NO pleasing you...and we are allowed by law to drive above the speed limit, run stop signs/lights, etc.....do some research. Yes there are stipulations to that. There was one comment about seeing officers activate their lights through an intersection and then shut them off to go to lunch. I doubt that one....In 16 years of law enforcement I've never seen that. Maybe headed to the bathroom because if you don't you may **** yourself..... We are under a microscope at all times. Most people are ignorant to what our job entails. That's why I encourage the ride along.

Thanks!

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was one comment about seeing officers activate their lights through an intersection and then shut them off to go to lunch. I doubt that one....In 16 years of law enforcement I've never seen that.

Well in 30+ years of living life, I have personally seen it with my own eyes here around Tulsa. Some of 'em can't wait to get to QT fast enough. :wink2: I'm dead serious though it doesn't particularly bother me, personally.

Really I don't give a flip one way or the other. If they lay their ass on the line for the pay they receive (literally, I remember what you went through with the car wreck), well more power to 'em. Maybe chirping the siren to hurry into Village Inn is in fact a bit dickish - maybe not -but I'm not gonna sweat it. No sense in getting worked up over it.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some of the worst infractions I've ever seen by LEO's were by OKCPD. Holy crap, some of those guys are worse than any civilian I ever cited.

Supposedly there's several patrolmen that have worked an area for several years and still sit on the side of the road because their GPS or computer quit and they have no idea how to get from their current location to a grid street until someone can come out and rescue them.

I'm amazed this thread wasn't locked or deleted already.

Why would it be?

There was one comment about seeing officers activate their lights through an intersection and then shut them off to go to lunch.

I've never seen it through an intersection, but I've been there on the highway.

Personally, I have no problem with them speeding as long as they aren't impeding the flow of traffic - whether that's above the speed limit or not. When they're going slower than the flow of traffic, I call them pace cars. There really shouldn't be speed limits, anyway.

SgtMojo67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That could have been handled differently. I think the trooper had the my dick is bigger than your syndrome. I've stopped multiple people for arrestable offenses and cut them slack. I would have called his supervisor and had him respond out. Pulling him out at gun point was a little overboard IMO....I think this whole thing could have been handled differently. But then again I don't go 120 mph to my part time job......Everyone has to sleep in the bed they make.

Last edited by a moderator:

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was one comment about seeing officers activate their lights through an intersection and then shut them off to go to lunch. I doubt that one....In 16 years of law enforcement I've never seen that.
Well i have seen this with my own eyes and not just 1 or 2 or 3 but 5 patrol cars bumper to bumper go thru the same intersection and go 2 blocks and pull into McD's and to make it worst they broadcasted where they was going over the radio and i know that for a fact since my work radio picks up all of their transmittions.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I challenge all the doubters to go for a ride along with your local police/sheriffs dept. It may open your eyes to why people do what they do. And for some, there is just NO pleasing you...and we are allowed by law to drive above the speed limit, run stop signs/lights, etc.....do some research.

I was an LEO for a short period of time until I decided it wasn't for me, and I'm real easy to please, just don't come at me with an entitlement attitude and we'll get along fine.

Glad you think I was lying, but I assure you, I've seen it more that once because most people and LEO's are quite predictable following their daily routines. An LEO has no right to stop traffic at an intersection by hitting his lights just so he can pass through everyone for that kind of cr@p.

Maybe headed to the bathroom because if you don't you may **** yourself.....

I really doubt that excuse would work for an ordinary person who failed to stop at a light. Entitlement????

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to say thanks to the Poteau Police car yesterday doing 85-90 down Hwy 1 between Ada and Mcalester. I tucked in behind you and made my reservations at Pete's despite leaving too late.

Oh man, I left OKC one day and a police car from Blackwell passed me at 90-95 mph, I did the same thing, tucked in behind him and just followed. Just one guy in the car, no lights, a bit from his area, so I made a quick trip to the house, man if I had a phone with video I would have filmed how many times he flipped me off. :) All I can think of he was ready to clock out, what other reason to drive like that? Had he been called to respond to an emergency from that far off he would have hit the flashers, or at least called a trooper to stop me. :)

But in general most drive safe, if they need to run fast they do have flashy lights to turn on for safety, so its just speeding or they forgot the lights. Even out here where I am some of the LEO's go tearing by, they have a long trip at times, but they turn on the lights so folks know they are coming and fast. I will tell you being in the yard when one of those chargers goes past running flat out and all you hear is it whistle in the wind is rather neat. :)

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well in 30+ years of living life, I have personally seen it with my own eyes here around Tulsa. Some of 'em can't wait to get to QT fast enough. :wink2: I'm dead serious though it doesn't particularly bother me, personally.

Really I don't give a flip one way or the other. If they lay their ass on the line for the pay they receive (literally, I remember what you went through with the car wreck), well more power to 'em. Maybe chirping the siren to hurry into Village Inn is in fact a bit dickish - maybe not -but I'm not gonna sweat it. No sense in getting worked up over it.

Thats a hard call, unless I saw them stop and eat lunch, it could be they are at the QT for a official reason.

Latest posts

Top Bottom