$20 an hour Minimum Wage coming to Oklahoma?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I was in one for a few years. Assholes made me take a 2 dollar an hour raise as soon as we voted the union in.
Yes the make good money But ive also seen how they work which affects everyone.. Ol Jonny can make 20 parts a day but the union will only let him make 12 so he clooects the extra in a bucket in goes in on saturday and plays pingpong does nothing and turns his extra parts in! just not good for AMERICA and Just My Opinion!

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never worked for a union and had but a handful of encounters with union workers which never impressed me. First job out of high school I was a delivery driver for an electrical wholesaler. A customer had a machine down and they called me in from my route to pick up and deliver the part they needed. I arrived to find a group of 6-7 men sitting at the receiving area on break and tried to get one to sign for the package so I could continue on my way. They all refused and expected me to stand there for 15 minutes while they sat on their arses. I took off and got a call begging me to return. It’s simply ridiculous that not one of those A-Holes couldn’t even sign their name but chose to screw with my day.

Another thought I’ve been having with all these strikes lately. Just what in the hell does an executive’s income have to do with what they’re paying their employees? It’s none of anyone’s damn business what they make as long as they’re paying a decent wage for services rendered. My whole career I was a full commissioned salesman and if I wanted to make more then it was up to me to work harder/smarter and sell more. I’m sure unions do some good although I’ve always had a difficult time figuring out just what that was.

yotemarvin

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screen Actors Guild, Writers Guild, Auto Workers, Hospitality Workers, Fast Food Workers, Airline Pilots, Farm Laborers, Hospital workers, Sanitation Workers, and the list just goes on and on of those that have recently been on or are currently on strike for higher wages and benefits.

About the time one industry gets their strike settled another industry starts another, with still others walking-out in sympathy for those that are on strike. It just happens to be the Fast Food Workers turn to strike.
They was talking about this a year ago so I don’t think it’s due to strikes.

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hrmmmm..... wouldn't that blow a lot of people out of the SNAP pool? or any other handout for that matter?
Having moved from Cali to here I can tell you that they keep raising the rates yet the numbers of people milking the system doesn't go down. They'll work for 6 months then go on unemployment. $20/hr for minimum wage is woke wages IMO, they don't deserve or need it but feel they're entitled lol

Russ IT Guy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want to know when fast food jobs switched from being a job high schoolers and college kids had to earn a little spending cash to a career path that is expected to support a family of four. If an 8 year old can perform your job duties reliably you aren’t worth any $20.00/hour. AND if you want to earn more learn a skill that everyone can’t or won’t do.
They're basically taking away any incentive or motivation for people to get an actual trade or career, another move to get everyone dependent on the man!

Latest posts

Top Bottom