2001 Chevy Stuck in 4WD Low...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you put the tranny in neutral and push buttons can you hear anything make noise under the truck? If the encoder is moving you shilould be able to hear it. The way t works is the encoder shifts the transfer case and when it says it is good the front diff engauges. One that happens the lights on the dash quit flashing. It is a real simple system and can fail if you break a simple wire at the encoder, actuator, or the front diff switch. Could also stop working with some water r corrosion in one of those connectors.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gotter fixed fellas, much appreciated.

I went out to the drive way, started it up, put it in N, clicked the button, heard it unlock and she's good to go.

Again, I appreciate it.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
After all of your posts telling everyone to stay home and you are out?

As others posted, truck stopped in N, push button, hear CLUNK. No CLUNK and you most likely have an actuator or xfer case issue. Pretty common on the GM's, I had problems with my '05....

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I had to pull out at least 3 chevy 4x4's on my way home with my Ford... Just saying...

Haha, hey, you're talking to a Ford man, but I will admit, the Chevy does pretty well. It helps that it has pretty new tires too.

My only real problem has been ground clearance... this morning it was just dragging and floating on top. Thankfully the road grader came through and knocked most of it off the highway, but they sure made some big drifts to go through to get into the neighborhoods.

leardriver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traxxis, did you get my PM about a strip/clean/lube on my Beretta? Obviously, we'll have to wait a few days, but I'd still like to use your service. If you're not interested, no hard feelings.

Cap'n Bill

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

As others posted, truck stopped in N, push button, hear CLUNK. No CLUNK and you most likely have an actuator or xfer case issue. Pretty common on the GM's, I had problems with my '05....

lol... I'm workin'. :)

I try to stay close to QT or the house though. Response only at this point.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm not a Chebby guy, but my patrol truck is a 2001 Z71. Some how it is stuck in 4-Low and I can't get the thing to kick back to 4 High.

I pulled a guy out of a ditch, and it was after this that it wouldn't kick back over. I did give it a few good jerks (insert joke here).

Anyhow... any help would be appreciated as I'm working all night.
Police officers dont get the luxury to stay home on a day like today i would assume.:anyone:

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Traxxis, did you get my PM about a strip/clean/lube on my Beretta? Obviously, we'll have to wait a few days, but I'd still like to use your service. If you're not interested, no hard feelings.

Cap'n Bill

I did, definately interested but I have been incredibly busy. Sorry for not getting back to you, I need to go through all of my PM's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom