2008 Buick enclave problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a plastic engine cover that needs to be removed to see engine, the front 3 coils/plugs are easy to see and replace, the back 3 can be removed without pulling the intake manifold but some people remove it to open up some space. The other method to get the back 3 cylinders would require removing the wiring/junction box. Honestly if you don't do these types of repairs, you either need to do a bunch of reading, get a manual too or have someone or shop do it for you.

127k miles, the plugs might have been changed but I would assume not at this point and they need to be changed too, I'd still think you have might have one coil on #3 going bad too.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a plastic engine cover that needs to be removed to see engine, the front 3 coils/plugs are easy to see and replace, the back 3 can be removed without pulling the intake manifold but some people remove it to open up some space. The other method to get the back 3 cylinders would require removing the wiring/junction box. Honestly if you don't do these types of repairs, you either need to do a bunch of reading, get a manual too or have someone or shop do it for you.

127k miles, the plugs might have been changed but I would assume not at this point and they need to be changed too, I'd still think you have might have one coil on #3 going bad too.
I'm gonna make an appointment with my shop tomorrow. There ain't no way I am gonna try to mess with it. I would ruin it. Thanks again for all your help.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You're not the Lone Ranger with this problem. You might consider checking out this link. It's pretty interesting.

http://www.enclaveforum.net/index.php?topic=7855.0

Traction Control/Stabilitrak issue can not be diagnosed
« on: March 08, 2011, 11:46:51 AM »
I've done a search here on the forum for stabilitrak/traction control, but no one has reported similar experiences, so here goes:
2008 FWD enclave roughly 45,000 miles. I'm second owner

the warning light "service stabilitrak" and "traction control off" errors have been plaguing me.

The vehicle has been seen by my dealer for this issue four times, each time they have replaced various components, including an ABS Sensor the first time, a wireing harness the second time, the third time they flashed the computer with a computer update, and the fourth time they replaced the Yaw sensor under the passenger seat.

It is going in for it's 5th visit next week while I am on vacation, and they can have the vehicle for several days of testing.

A couple questions:
1. when a dealer services a buick, do they log the service into a system where other dealers can see what was previously done?
2. Is it time to try a new dealer service?

Thanks, Craig

eyecyou

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I see this alot in my shop. Tell your mechanic to pull the brake booster pressure sensor and see if brake fluid comes gushing out. I know this sound stupid but on this car specifically the master cylinder leaks into the brake booster. The motor then picks up the brake fluid thru the vacuum line and dumps it right into cylinder #3. Trust me it could just be a coil with the cars miles but i bet this is the real cause of the problem

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called my mechanic today and he said it could be a plug or wire but could also be the coil. He also said that it will cause the stability control lights to come on showing errors. I am taking it in Tuesday. He said with the mileage it had that if it hasn't it should have new plugs and wires. But I will mention what you said eyecyou. Hopefully I can get it fixed without costing an arm and a leg. And then hopefully nothing major goes wrong before I get it paid off. I should have never bought it. Won't make the mistake of buying an American car again. They are crap compared to the japs.

Junior Bonner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most of the new cars are heavily reliant on sensors and computers. The Hondas are no exception. Read the complaints on them. Headlights going out at night on the freeway, $300 car keys that don't work. My problem was solved when I bought older cars that didn't have this stuff yet, and I took them to the shop and got everything fixed. I had thought about the new VW Beetle, hoping that it was in someway like the older ones, but it's not. It is computer driven and I read the complaints, seeing that fuse boxes were melting - that was the main issue with them and VW wasn't addressing the problem. So I just stay with my 20+ year old vehicles and run them to the shop about every other year or so.

Latest posts

Top Bottom