2012 Trail cam pics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He may not be mature but with those short tines, he's never going to score real well. I say shoot him, if you like him. And I agree he's probably somewhere around 19-20 inches inside.

That makes absolutely no since at all...
He is young but has short tines??? How about, he has short tines "because" he is young.
He will never score well??? He is young, there is no tellin the possibilities of what he will be til he is at least 4 years old. His tines could triple in length in 2 years. Not to mention he would probably be even wider than he already is!

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
bowhunter cool looking buck i am saying 19" spread how far is your place from mine it will be neat to see if we ever see the same buck on our places,oh and see you put up a fence and stopped feediing the longhorns

FlyGuyGSP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That makes absolutely no since at all...
He is young but has short tines??? How about, he has short tines "because" he is young.
He will never score well??? He is young, there is no tellin the possibilities of what he will be til he is at least 4 years old. His tines could triple in length in 2 years. Not to mention he would probably be even wider than he already is!

I don't recall saying he was young, I said he may not be mature. For a deer that is at least 3.5 years old with 1 in. brows and no tines over five inches, he's not likely to be a 150+ inch deer at any point in his life. But if it was a 1 year old spike then you'd be absolutely correct...nice try though.

Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree he won't ever be a high scoring deer. If I decide to shoot him, he will go on my wall. So it will be a trophy for me whether he's 80 inches or 150. Either way, it will be fun just to see him on stand!

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't recall saying he was young, I said he may not be mature. For a deer that is at least 3.5 years old with 1 in. brows and no tines over five inches, he's not likely to be a 150+ inch deer at any point in his life. But if it was a 1 year old spike then you'd be absolutely correct...nice try though.

Try again...
It's not uncommon for a deer to add 20"-30" from 4.5 to 5.5 years old. Then anther 20"+ from 5.5 to 6.5.
20" added next year could very easily be 5" added per tine, puts him at possibly 10" tines by next year. Then no telling after that!
3.5 is no where near mature, 4.5 ain't it either.
To say that deer could never be 150" is an claim made out of ignorance.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought I'd be nice and share some pics, don't think I'll do that anymore. Guess I'm just ignorant.

My reply was not directed toward you, that's why I quoted another member.
But I also never called anyone ignorant. Just that the comment was made in ignorance, as in uninformed or lacking knowledge.
Please don't let me deter you from posting, or shooting that buck. He is a fine buck and would probably look great on your wall!

Latest posts

Top Bottom