2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garret01

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Have sat on public for two evenings now and haven't seen anything yet. It was a bit windy on Tuesday night. I might go out on Sunday morning if it is cold enough. I just think it is too warm right now. I still come back super relaxed from the field each night. Even though I'm not seeing anything. Love it.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Congrats to Aviator,porter,toney,Danoto1,okie and daughter on thinning the doe population out a little and getting some good eating,make it happen that is a great buck you got there going to make a great looking mount love the dark antlers,cory congrats to you on that awesome looking buck,

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a nice doe this evening using the clearance Horton Summit Elite 175 from Natchez. We were on the ground in a pop up blind that was set out and brushed in Saturday. No feeders on this property. just a little corn on the ground to hold her while I steadied the shot. We set up between their feeding area and their bed down. Hadn't been in the blind 10 minutes when she and several others walked up. Somehow we got busted and they scattered and we almost called it a day. For some reason, we decided to stick it out and see if they would come back around. Sure enough, at 6:50pm they came back through. Best I could do was a front quartering shot, but it was clean. We had to track less than 50 yards. I used a rage 2 blade extreme expandable. worked like a charm.

She doesn't look that big in the photo, but she's a nice mature doe.
[Broken External Image]

Congratulations! Meat for the freezer.... :bowdown:

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yessir. we making summer sausage, some jalapeño, some not. Making hot links as well. If there is anything left, we will be messin' with Sasquatch and making some snack sticks! First deer is always the fun foods! We went back out this evening to scout, check cameras and the like. first time I've ever had to bury the guts. They're usually gone overnight. where are the coyotes when you need 'em!

Latest posts

Top Bottom