2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishfurlife

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Beautiful morning to be in the stand. 45 degrees when I left the house. I have never spined a deer until today. I don't care to ever do that again. Had a quartering to me shot and I slipped the arrow right where I wanted it. However, it caught the spine just forward of the shoulder blade where the spine seems to drop down just a touch. Anyways, i don't plan on doing that again. Thankfully I was able to put another arrow in her immediately that finished the job very quickly.

Was glad to break the ice on the season finally. Several deer passed by this morning. No shooter bucks though.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
didn't have the camera darnit, but my son got us some meat for the freezer last tues. he got off work and rushed up to the lease. i told him to hunt an easy to get to stand that has only been hunted once in the two years that it has been there. six does came in at a nice early 6:15. he made a perfect clean pass through of both lungs at 20 yards.
he drives a tahoe and realized about half way there that he forgot his hitch rack. he has to hike to the top of a hill to get service to call me to come with my truck. so, i give him a little grief and head up hoping he'll have it ready to load when i get there. well, he gets high-centered on a terrace trying to get the deer out of the bottom but gets his truck free just in time for me to get there and help him dress it out, go figure, right?.
mom told him to go get here some jerky meat and thats just what he did. even though i was a little pissed that he forgot the rack, i'm still proud of him and his outdoor knowledge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom