2013-14 Deer Season Success

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nhagar

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Lol The camera I had with me in the field somehow the screen got busted up. So after the 40 min drive home I pulled my camo off. After I took him over to the processor went back and worked my food plot and got a winter crop planted. Finally

nice little 9 pointer. has a little nub on right side that almost would count in my books so he is only a 9. Has a nice little 1.5 inch nub coming off the back of his horn on left side. Its down around the base. Can't quite see it in pic of course.

Tarsal gland on this guys was already getting a good smell to it and had a lot of color. I have a small repertoire of calling. I use an old Grunt call and the Can from Primos.

after I got a bunch of rain dumped on me before sunlight it all stopped at once. had a light sprinkle still. but at 7 started getting enough light to make out what everything was and comfortable enough to make a shot on a deer if it presented. gave the can 2 turns and less than 5 mins later seen this guy walking in front of me about 40-50 yards moving east to west. Couldn't make out if a buck or doe at the time. Figured heck I will give the can another turn and see what happens. Head popped up and came a walkin pretty fast. got within 10 yds. he had the head bobbing going trying to figure out what I was sitting there in my blind. He turned and ran about 15 yds back stopped and started the head bobbing again. he walked right back up to within 10 yds again.

he turned back to the east and was showing a shot on his left side. He started to take a step forward and when he did I sunk an arrow into him. Was a little high. But It went through the left lung and exited about half way back on his right side. Not the prettiest shot I have made but he only made it about 30-35 yds before he hit the ground. Field dressed him took him to the house then to the processor(Neighbor) and he hung it up weighed 130lbs. I guess the age to be 3.5 years. Probably should have passed but been passing on a bunch of other stuff the few times I have been out. Told my self has to have at least 8 points to take it. He qualified and Its the first Buck I have taken with a bow. Killed many does with one but this is the first buck. Just couldn't resist letting him walk.

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Heck ya congrats nhagar my first bow buck sure wasn't that big and you would of thought it was a booner by how proud I was of it,he will make a good looking euro mount again congrats

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well we just got back late last night. Hunting was slow down south, still hot and such a wet year food is plentiful and the deer are spread out. Still saw plenty of deer and killed a couple Javelina. I had a decent cull 8 come in to bow range at a water tank and as I was drawing back some cows ran in and he bolted!! Man I was pissed lol
Anyway here is a goofy pic I took of the buck while he was 200 yards away on a feeder. Used my iphone looking throug my binos lol.
And a buddy who went with us got a pretty good buck that made a messed up righ side.
i585.photobucket.com_albums_ss294_AllOut_4593ACA2_3C22_4990_8336d423408f8927ab7aaf4fcb9c3ca787.jpg

i585.photobucket.com_albums_ss294_AllOut_6CDAA86D_7C2F_46AD_89bba9e6923e16e804f81442c716463c67.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom